Travis

Weird Tunes in Weird Places
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 6:18 PM Quote
Sina and co. used to have a Travis radio spotter thing but I thought I'd start this off...

I'm in Dublin airport at the moment as Dee is off to Edinburgh for a few days.

I'm sitting in the Skyview Bar in departures and they are playing the usual crap (blobby Williams Angels etc, etc) then all of a sudden I hear The Trumpton Riots by Half man Half Biscuit.

Dubz

Re: Weird Tunes in Weird Places
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 7:46 PM Quote
Can't think of any in particular, but everytime I go to Kroger (local grocery store) I always hear a great tune that I haven't heard in a long time. By the time I get home, I forget what the song is.

Ah, special times at the grocery store...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 7:53 PM Quote
I was in Rome and our trip coincided with my 25th birthday. We went to a pretty swank place (waiters in tuxes, candles everywhere, blah blah blah). It overlooked St Peter's. The view and food were breathtaking.

But you know what CD (yes, the entire CD) played over and over the whole night? (yes we heard it more than once)

A Mariah Carey CD.

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 8:11 PM Quote
Was in the grocery store:

Normaly they play the usual playlist of the ongoing charts - but today the played "weakly mind" from Moby - I think.

It's weird because I've only heard the song as part of movie - never even considered it as a "song" itself...

and song is kinda freaky - so people really started listening - which was kinda fun...

Aída
Aída Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 11:07 PM Quote

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 1:05 PM Quote
On a visit to Paris we ended up eating in a pizza restaurant, because as we walked past, they were playing Travis. Turned out the whole Good Feeling album was playing through, and we arrived just as track 1 was starting!

I thought that it was weird. Good, but weird.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 1:14 PM Quote

A few years ago I was walking round the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre the piped in musc was a muzak version of Flowers in the Window, all instrumental and keyboards as bland as possible.

I have since moved to Castleknock and in my local, The Halfway House they don't have music except in the toilets, I have since heard the exact same tune in there on a few occassions, there are other covers on the same CD, probably stuff like Snowplay etc.

Dubz

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 2:33 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

A few years ago I was walking round the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre the piped in musc was a muzak version of Flowers in the Window, all instrumental and keyboards as bland as possible.

I have since moved to Castleknock and in my local, The Halfway House they don't have music except in the toilets, I have since heard the exact same tune in there on a few occassions, there are other covers on the same CD, probably stuff like Snowplay etc.

Dubz

A disturbing post! lol

I don't know these parts of the world, Dubz, but the whole Travis muzak in the pub loo and the shopping centre are bizarre.

That aside, I'm guessing that these are really gorgeous parts of Ireland?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 2:42 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:

A disturbing post! lol

I don't know these parts of the world, Dubz, but the whole Travis muzak in the pub loo and the shopping centre are bizarre.

That aside, I'm guessing that these are really gorgeous parts of Ireland?

The Halfway House is indeed a beautiful part of Ireland, I've only been drinking in it about 6 months but the barstaff all know me by name and I don't even need to ask for my drink these days, as soon as I walk in the boys pour my Guinness before I even get to the bar, they also make a point of fussing over Dee when she's with me and also ask after her when she's not. Thanks Aaron, Michael, Peter and crew!!

http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/pubimages/thehalfwayhouse2.jpg

Dubz

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 3:35 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
The Halfway House is indeed a beautiful part of Ireland, I've only been drinking in it about 6 months but the barstaff all know me by name and I don't even need to ask for my drink these days, as soon as I walk in the boys pour my Guinness before I even get to the bar, they also make a point of fussing over Dee when she's with me and also ask after her when she's not. Thanks Aaron, Michael, Peter and crew!!

http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/pubimages/thehalfwayhouse2.jpg

Dubz

Considerably less disturbing than the previous post!!! That does indeed look like the place you'd want to drink your guinness. (even if they do have the tendency to play Travis muzak while you pee!)

The sweary Dubz is interesting indeed, and you keep us on our toes, but there's a real soft side to you too isn't there?!

And apologies for deviating from your topic!

dee
dee Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 4:15 PM Quote
tesco in my home town used to always have muzak versions of flowers in the window, which is why i found the closer video kinda funny.

Aída
Aída Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 6:53 PM Quote

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 5:45 PM Quote
On Celebrity Bainisteoir for the 2nd week running Mogwai - Hunted by a Freak, This is a programme where various Irish celebs (?) are asked to coach a faultering GAA Football team, It's a typically "Irish" programme which is why it surprises me to hear Mogwai.

Dubz

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sun 12 Apr, 2009 9:36 PM Quote
I was on a flight on the way home from a holiday with my boyfriend at the time in Greece. The flight was full of families with young children and as we were coming into land at Manchester we were having some trouble with violent turbulance. The Captain decided to put some music on to calm the children down....he played SClub 7 'Reach for the Stars':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VSgg8n4yw8

I thought I was going to die listening to SClub 7, it was all very inappropriate.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:47 PM Quote
Toilet in the Halfway No my friend this is not my desire

Dubz

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times UTC Current Time 11:03 PM