Travis

Re: Oscars 2009
jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 5:10 AM Quote
woohoo! Slumdog, have it deserve it. I was between this and Benjamin Button.
Merih by the way wht do you think about this movies?

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 9:33 AM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:

They both were my favorites as well. Happy for Slumdog Millionaire. Dev Patel seemed to be the sweetest thing of all night. But a bit bitter for Benjamin Button. Specially for Fincher. That deserved more than 4 Oscars at least. But hey..! And Gus Van Sant too. Dunno who I really wanted to win the best director as especially three of them are among my favorites. I just have a thing for Gus Van Sant's storytelling and I would love to see him raising up the statuette. But then it changes nothing about the gem in him! ;-)

Sean Penn's win was a total surprise. I thought he had the best performance comparing four other nominees but didn't think he would make it again after being ignored many times in the past. I wouldn't mind if Brad Pitt got it too.

About the best actress, it was little unfair I think. Kate Winslet is super talented, yes. No doubt! But given this year's performances; Angelina Jolie was the best for my liking.

Another disappointment to me was that Waltz With Bashir didn't get anything. I loved the film!

What were your picks?

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 9:40 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
yay Slumdog!

YAY!

I'm so happy for Slumdog Millionaire, Sean Penn, Danny Boyle, Kate Winslet and Penelope Cruz!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 10:03 AM Quote
Btw, what is it with Oscars and Coldplay?
I noticed couple Coldplay tunes running behind with the VTRs. Efficient way of music marketing I would say.

Aída
Aída Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 11:00 AM Quote

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 5:41 PM Quote
Wooo hooo! Penélope Cruz!!!! It was so sweet she said some words in Spanish ^^ I woke up at 4am and listened to all the ceremony (I had to get up at 6:35 and it ended at 6am!). Good she kept her cool and could say everything she wanted to say :)
Very happy for Kate Winslet and boo! to the academy... The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button deserved something more than those 3 awards!

Aída
Aída Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 6:23 PM Quote

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 8:25 PM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:

They both were my favorites as well. Happy for Slumdog Millionaire. Dev Patel seemed to be the sweetest thing of all night. But a bit bitter for Benjamin Button. Specially for Fincher. That deserved more than 4 Oscars at least. But hey..! And Gus Van Sant too. Dunno who I really wanted to win the best director as especially three of them are among my favorites. I just have a thing for Gus Van Sant's storytelling and I would love to see him raising up the statuette. But then it changes nothing about the gem in him! ;-)

Sean Penn's win was a total surprise. I thought he had the best performance comparing four other nominees but didn't think he would make it again after being ignored many times in the past. I wouldn't mind if Brad Pitt got it too.

About the best actress, it was little unfair I think. Kate Winslet is super talented, yes. No doubt! But given this year's performances; Angelina Jolie was the best for my liking.

Another disappointment to me was that Waltz With Bashir didn't get anything. I loved the film!

What were your picks?

Agree in comethings, in other i can't give an opinion haha 'cause i haven't see them. For example, the one of angelina Jolie, which i forgot the name, is about to release here in my country, as Milk too. In the case of the Waltz with Bashir, i doubt i ever can see it on cinme here. But you know, there's ways to see it XD, i'm gonna look for it and see it.
By what i see on the trailers. Angelina Jolie seems to give an excelent interpretation, which looked cleraly to give her a nomination. And i'm agreeabout Kate Winslet, she's quite talented, i was happy for her, i though she deserved, six nominations and never won any. But finally it was her time, and she has one oscar. Angelina already have one haha (i have to see the movie, next week i believe is released here)
Yop, i was between three directors: David Fincher, Danny Boyle, and of course Gus Van Sant. for a little bit, i would like to see David winning the oscar, but i was happy wiht it. Talking about Gus, do you like "Finding Forrester"? i loved that movie, was amazing.
And about the actor, again, i need to see milk haha, but by what i see on trailers, Sean Penn seems to give an amazing interpretation.,though as you say, Brad Pitt did it excelent on Benjamin, so he could deserved it too.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 8:27 PM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
Btw, what is it with Oscars and Coldplay?
I noticed couple Coldplay tunes running behind with the VTRs. Efficient way of music marketing I would say.

hahaha yes! o noticed that too!. I even say to my friends "I think Chris Martin has just slept with the Academy"

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 8:35 PM Quote
Slumdog Slumdog Slumdog! :D

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 2:53 PM Quote
Aída wrote:
I see Bodi's sad for the benji button's few awards gotten;) hey, Sean Penn deserved the oscar more than Brad Pitt(olargo) LOL

I didn't say Sean Penn didn't deserve to win. I didn't say Brad Pitt deserved to win. I just said that the film as a whole deserved more than those 3 technical awards :)

By the way I'm seeing Slumdog Millionaire in a minute ;)

Aída
Aída Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 4:01 PM Quote

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 2:40 PM