Travis

Re: Band of Brothers
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2010 5:24 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Yes! I'll be watching that!

I finally got around to watching BoB earlier this year, and wow! I was totally blown away by it.

Did anyone catch the extra parts where the talk to the real soldiers? I'm not sure if they showed that after the series ended, but it's on the dvd set. Wow. Amazing stuff.

the book is a great read

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2010 6:14 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Yes! I'll be watching that!

I finally got around to watching BoB earlier this year, and wow! I was totally blown away by it.

Did anyone catch the extra parts where the talk to the real soldiers? I'm not sure if they showed that after the series ended, but it's on the dvd set. Wow. Amazing stuff.

Yeah, I love the documentary. It's weird because a lot of the soldiers look exactly like their actor counterparts. Good casting.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 15 Mar, 2010 3:09 AM Quote
Well, that was... kind of a downer. Looking forward to the next ten weeks!

Should I start a new thread for The Pacific? Did anyone else watch the premiere?

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 15 Mar, 2010 5:40 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I was watching this TV series last night called "Life" and it has Damien Lewis, and I remembered how awesome he was in BoB.

I watched the first season of that show! I really liked it!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 16 Mar, 2010 3:42 AM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
I was watching this TV series last night called "Life" and it has Damien Lewis, and I remembered how awesome he was in BoB.

I watched the first season of that show! I really liked it!

IT WAS CANCELLED! ARGH! Damn the peacock! GO TO HELL ZUCKER!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 16 Mar, 2010 1:50 PM Quote
ayup...10pm friday time slot...no chance. detective crews was awesome though!

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Wed 17 Mar, 2010 8:13 PM Quote
Did anyone watch The Pacific? I was afraid it wouldn't live up to BoB standards but it was just as good.

I wasn't sure how they were going to show both life back home and the war because one of the best things in the previous miniseries was the fact that we got to know the soldiers as they fought, we never knew who they were to their families, who they had left behind, their lives before being shipped was known as the stories evolved and much was left to the imagination. This time the viewers get a glimpse of what was it like for the main characters to leave home.
It reminded me of The Thin Red Line, but probably that's because it is also set in Guadalcanal...

The most shocking scene was when a Japanese soldier is standing there, by the river, alone (the place was filled with dead bodies) unarmed and waiting to be killed... he's shot over and over again but nobody gives him the "satisfaction", until Leckie can't take it anymore and ends his suffering... goosebumps! It's really intense to watch how far are human beings willing to go in order to survive under extreme circumstances... never ceases to amaze me. I have to get hold of the books!

John Basilone, Robert Leckie and Eugene Ledge 's profiles are on HBO's You Tube channel.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times UTC Current Time 10:36 AM