Travis

Band of Brothers
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 3:37 AM Quote
I know there's a small following on the board of Band of Brothers fans. I was watching this TV series last night called "Life" and it has Damien Lewis, and I remembered how awesome he was in BoB. What is it with these British actors pulling of flawless American accents (Hugh Laurie, I'm looking at you!).

I can't wait until "The Pacific." There was a trailer for it floating around, but HBO took it down. If it pops up anywhere else... POST. THAT. SHIT.

But anyways, what's your guy's favorite episode? Mine is "Why We Fight"

Re: Band of Brothers
Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 6:42 AM Quote
I really loved Band of Brothers. It's been quite some time since I watched it. Can't remember a favorite episode off the top of my head...going to have to go back and re-watch.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 7:31 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
I really loved Band of Brothers. It's been quite some time since I watched it. Can't remember a favorite episode off the top of my head...going to have to go back and re-watch.

Yeah, me too. I have the DVDs. But the History Channel replays them all of the time.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 3:56 PM Quote
I loved BoB too and have the boxset at home but don't ask me my fav esp! Couldn't tell you. I watched it all in a week! Superb! :)

juuuli
juuuli Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 4:24 PM Quote
BoB is fantastic. I think one my favourite episodes is 'Bastogne'. I really like Doc Roe. And Damian Lewis in Life is great!

Moray
Moray Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 2:03 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I know there's a small following on the board of Band of Brothers fans. I was watching this TV series last night called "Life" and it has Damien Lewis, and I remembered how awesome he was in BoB. What is it with these British actors pulling of flawless American accents (Hugh Laurie, I'm looking at you!).

I can't wait until "The Pacific." There was a trailer for it floating around, but HBO took it down. If it pops up anywhere else... POST. THAT. SHIT.

But anyways, what's your guy's favorite episode? Mine is "Why We Fight"

Why We FIght is excellent. I still remember watching it, and being very upset at the end. I remember being at Uni, and there was a ten week straight run where I didn't go out on a Friday night as BoB was on BBC2 from 10pm until 11pm. And it was totally worthwhile

Anyway, my favourite episode has to be Episode 7 "Breaking Point". Its probably, along with Why We Fight, the most harrowing, but really showed what these guys were all about.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 5:22 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

Found it!

Take a look before HBO removes it from YouTube... again.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 5:26 PM Quote
I'm intrigued...when does this start?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 5:39 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
I'm intrigued...when does this start?

Dunno... wait a second...

One website I looked at said early 2009 so that would mean soon. Everything else I've looked at is kind of shady about the air date.

The little boy who was in Jurassic Park is the main soldier. Hooray for former child actors!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 11 May, 2009 4:51 AM Quote
Everyone who was asking about "The Pacific" I just read this article with Tom Hanks

Quote:
"That's having its score finalised. I think it's going to be March 2010. We are able to visit the home front on this one and we're able to show the guys before the War and after. We show some of the most vicious stuff I've ever seen on film - because it has to be."

and this is how I feel about that

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 6:01 PM Quote
Band of Brothers marathon. History channel. Watch it!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 29 Jun, 2009 9:31 PM Quote
They finally showed a trailer! Yippee!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 29 Jun, 2009 10:49 PM Quote
that looked good , hope the 25th ID gets mentioned

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2010 3:44 PM Quote
*dusts off thread* Hello board!

Premiere date is Sunday March 14th! Me and my Dad are excited. They've been showing more and more about it every day. Anyone else gonna watch?

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2010 5:16 PM Quote
Yes! I'll be watching that!

I finally got around to watching BoB earlier this year, and wow! I was totally blown away by it.

Did anyone catch the extra parts where the talk to the real soldiers? I'm not sure if they showed that after the series ended, but it's on the dvd set. Wow. Amazing stuff.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times UTC Current Time 3:41 AM