Travis

Re: Cracow Screen Festival: Poland
J_Smith
J_Smith Posted Tue 10 Feb, 2009 12:18 AM Quote
I've already bought my ticket and booked flight to Poland :D Although I lived in Poland over 24 years I've never been to Krakow, but now I'm making myself a little holiday and I'm gonna spend 5 days there ;) I can't wait, hope it's as great as the gig in Copenhagen! :D (or even better :P)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 15 Feb, 2009 3:56 PM Quote
1/3 of Suggestive Leg wrote:

What is the venue? Anyone know? A football stadium?

That would be my guess. I asked my friends who live in Cracow but they have no idea.

J_Smith
J_Smith Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 11:23 AM Quote
WHAT, IS IT TRUE THE FESTIVAL IS CANCELLED?!?!?

jotzet
jotzet Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 6:25 PM Quote
Yes, festival seems to be cancelled. Thank you, Cracow's establishment... :(

WHAT?!
Trixi
Trixi Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 7:56 PM Quote
please somebody tell me that's not true! I already bought the ticket, the flight tickets and booked a Hostel room.
That can't be true!!!

jotzet
jotzet Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 10:03 PM Quote
There is no official information...honestly I have much hopefulness that Travis will apear in Kraków. But if not...:( I hope they won't give up and maybe will appear in another festival or they will play a concert...I hope so. Travis will come through, polish fans are waiting for you !!!!

J_Smith
J_Smith Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 1:28 AM Quote
Trixi, same here: I bought the festival ticket, plane ticket and booked the hostel. Luckily the flight was quite cheap, I dunno what I'd do if I had spent much on it, I guess I'd have to murder someone! :/

Hope Travis guys won't think now that the whole Poland is a bunch of idiots... although some festival organisators really are! >:/

Trixi
Trixi Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 4:25 AM Quote
J_Smith wrote:
Trixi, same here: I bought the festival ticket, plane ticket and booked the hostel. Luckily the flight was quite cheap, I dunno what I'd do if I had spent much on it, I guess I'd have to murder someone! :/

yeah, my flights were quite cheap as well but still too much to flush it down the toilet. I even switched my holiday by now because I planned to make it a four days trip to watch the city and all...man, I'm so upset :'-(

where did you see that the festival has been cancelled? The only info I found about it was on Last.fm and there it's only said that the first day of the festival is cancelled...so the 15th May and not the 16th.
http://www.lastfm.de/event/735737
that would be too good to be true I guess

jotzet
jotzet Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 6:57 AM Quote
Trixi wrote:

where did you see that the festival has been cancelled?

One of the biggest newspaper in Poland said that it is true. Honestly, they like to spread gossip and make people confused so I'm waiting for official news.

J_Smith
J_Smith Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 7:32 AM Quote
Quote:
yeah, my flights were quite cheap as well but still too much to flush it down the toilet. I even switched my holiday by now because I planned to make it a four days trip to watch the city and all...man, I'm so upset :'-(

Heh, I planned a 5-day trip as I've never seen Cracow before...

I aksed people on lastfm where they had had this info from and they gave me this link to an article from the newspaper:
http://miasta.gazeta.pl/krakow/1,35798,6346267,Miasto_boi_sie_porazki__wiec_odwoluje_festiwal.html

On the site that sells tickets it shows now a different place of the festival, but it doesn't say you CAN'T buy the ticket... hope...?

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 8:36 AM Quote
Cancelled??? Thanks ¬¬
I wanted to ask for some german people attending the festival and i found this. Trixi is the only one?

Cracow Screen Festival Show Cancelled
Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 11:53 AM Quote
The promoters of the Cracow Screen Festival 2009 have recently confirmed that, due to the current economic climate and circumstances outwith their control, they are unable to host Travis' live appearance at the festival on the 16th May.

On the behalf of Travis we'd like to apologise to any fans who bought tickets to see the band at this event.

J_Smith
J_Smith Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 12:14 PM Quote
no need to apologize, we know it wasn't Travis'/anyone who works with Travis' fault. but thanks... and I guess every Polish Travis fan hopes it won't make Travis not to want to play in Poland in the future.

J_Smith
J_Smith Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 12:14 PM Quote
no need to apologize, we know it wasn't Travis'/anyone who works with Travis' fault. but thanks... and I guess every Polish Travis fan hopes it won't make Travis not to want to play in Poland in the future.

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 2:39 PM Quote
What terrible news!! You Polish fans must be gutted and I really feel for those who've bought flights etc and were travelling from abroad :-(

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:53 AM