Travis

Re: A level maths & english test Friday : (
lilly
lilly Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 9:07 AM Quote
ooh, good luck!!!

(it's possible to DROP maths in other countries? man... here you HAVE to take maths, german, one foreign language and history right until the end (and the grades you get in those subjects during the last 2 years at school all count for your A-Level-grade), and then you have to do at least one A-Level exam in either maths, physics, chemistry or biology.
So, having survived 9 years of highschool-maths and one horrible maths A level exam, I know: if I could do it, anyone can do it!)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 10:43 PM Quote
welshwill wrote:
good luck no probs with it you'll be fine; i got 98% in S2 and 95% in the other stuff....message me for tips lol...you'll be fine mate...ive got some more gigs comin your way to cheer things up....exams are shit!

Lol, 100% in S1, I couldn't believe it :D Mechs 1 is my worst result so far.

There's so many people doing Core 1 at our college that they won't all fit into the (vast) sports hall. There must be literally hundreds of them!

In Britain you choose any A-levels you want, no restrictions after 16. Maths, English, Science and IT compulsary until 16 I think.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 10:53 PM Quote
Good luck everyone!!!

Excuse my ignorance, but what are A-levels? Clearly they are exams, but what's so special about them?

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 2:22 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

In Britain you choose any A-levels you want, no restrictions after 16. Maths, English, Science and IT compulsary until 16 I think.

Unless you're Home Educated :-P

How did the exams go today?

iraida
iraida Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 3:12 PM Quote
I bet you rocked in the exams ;)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 7:20 PM Quote
Mine went surprisingly well, though obviously I'm not going to tempt fate by saying this on a public messageboard... oh. ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Excuse my ignorance, but what are A-levels? Clearly they are exams, but what's so special about them?

We do a two year A-level course with exams in January and June both years, after the first year you get AS level qualifications (basically half an A-level) and after the second year you get the full thing. You need good A-levels to get into uni, get an apprenticeship etc so they're probably the most important school exams you ever take.

I'm making myself feel nervous now! *goes to revise some more* :P

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 10:45 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Mine went surprisingly well, though obviously I'm not going to tempt fate by saying this on a public messageboard... oh. ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

We do a two year A-level course with exams in January and June both years, after the first year you get AS level qualifications (basically half an A-level) and after the second year you get the full thing. You need good A-levels to get into uni, get an apprenticeship etc so they're probably the most important school exams you ever take.

I'm making myself feel nervous now! *goes to revise some more* :P

Thank you! Wow, it sounds big! I'm glad your exam went well then (I'm sure it did) :o).

Good luck to everyone, again!

Here we don't take any tests to go to uni when we're in highschool. Anyone with a highschool degree can go to uni, but most universities have introductory courses or exams, but it depends on the uni.
For example, the University of Buenos Aires has an introductory course that lasts one academic year (or more, if you don't pass some subject/s).

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:45 AM