Travis

Re: Song To Self Video!
Aletways
Aletways Posted Sat 31 Jan, 2009 6:10 AM Quote
McHeavyFan wrote:
I for one love Spike McHeavy and I think that his appearance in the video was absolutely fantastic, he really deserved to be in it five times because he is just that awsome!!
Spike is not like Noel Gallahger or Bono, infact, Spike McHeavy had his look back when Bono was in his cowboy hat wearing Joshua Tree days! Bono stole the look from him.
Maybe the reason Spike appeared five times and others appeared only once or not at all was because... hey maybe your entry wasn't as great as Spikes? :)

Hello Spike! Glad you finally joined us. I strongly recommend that you take a look at the other submited videos and (in case you haven't watched it already) watch the final version of the Song To Self video made by Jon =o) .

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 31 Jan, 2009 10:46 AM Quote
Welcome to the board Spike, if that's you? Lol!

Yeah the one who edited the official video evidently thought that Spike deserved to appear 5 times, but I think most of the fans are of the opinion that it's a nicer fan video if as many fans as possible appear in it :P
I think Spike is funny as long as he's not using Travis videos as a platform for his acts ;) But on the other hand it's not his fault that he's sucha big part of the video, so I'm not blaming him!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 3:00 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Yeah the one who edited the official video evidently thought that Spike deserved to appear 5 times, but I think most of the fans are of the opinion that it's a nicer fan video if as many fans as possible appear in it :P
I think Spike is funny as long as he's not using Travis videos as a platform for his acts ;) But on the other hand it's not his fault that he's sucha big part of the video, so I'm not blaming him!

I totally agree with you! Not blaming him either. Still not funny to me though xD.

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 11:54 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I totally agree with you! Not blaming him either. Still not funny to me though xD.

I agree too xD

McHeavyFan
McHeavyFan Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 10:38 AM Quote
Well I think McHeavy is a brilliant artist, you should check out some of his other youtube videos, I'm sure you'll come out feeling the same way as I do!

McHeavyFan
McHeavyFan Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 10:38 AM Quote
--woops, double post--

McHeavyFan
McHeavyFan Posted Thu 05 Feb, 2009 8:58 AM Quote
--woops, triple post--

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 05 Feb, 2009 9:44 AM Quote
McHeavyFan wrote:
Well I think McHeavy is a brilliant artist, you should check out some of his other youtube videos, I'm sure you'll come out feeling the same way as I do!

Tt would be like wasting my precious time.The scenes of him in the STS vid was already indulgent nonsense to me.If ur a fan go ahead and be one BUT u can never convince us non-fans to feel the same.If i wanted something similar I'd go for something a million times better and original like Bono or Noel Gallagher himself=)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 05 Feb, 2009 12:19 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
McHeavyFan wrote:

Tt would be like wasting my precious time.The scenes of him in the STS vid was already indulgent nonsense to me.If ur a fan go ahead and be one BUT u can never convince us non-fans to feel the same.If i wanted something similar I'd go for something a million times better and original like Bono or Noel Gallagher himself=)

I agree!
And it doesn't change the fact that he's given to much time in the Song To Self video =) Maybe he's funny, maybe he's not, but whatever he's doing, he can do it somewhere else, than in our precious fan video :)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 05 Feb, 2009 3:55 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
frandougeil wrote:
McHeavyFan wrote:

I agree!
And it doesn't change the fact that he's given to much time in the Song To Self video =) Maybe he's funny, maybe he's not, but whatever he's doing, he can do it somewhere else, than in our precious fan video :)

Oh Alex, you're very rude! It's ok 'cause I'm the same, and I agree with you ;o).

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 05 Feb, 2009 4:46 PM Quote
Ooops did I sound rude? That's not my intention, but I think we've complained enough about Spike now, haven't we? Lol!

McHeavyFan
McHeavyFan Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 6:30 AM Quote
frandougeil wrote:

If i wanted something similar I'd go for something a million times better and original like Bono or Noel Gallagher himself=)

As previously mentioned, Spike is not a rip-off of Bono or even this Gallagher guy. Spike was the original, he had the look when Bono was in his "cowboy hat wearing Joshua Tree days." As he mentions in an interview in his upcoming documentary film Sex Sex & Rock On: The Amazing Story Of Spike McHeavy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIpDWUim3XM&feature=channel_page

I don't understand how none of you know of Spike, he is a pretty big rock star!!

And to those who are saying he is just using this competition he IS NOT! He is a Travis fan.

TRAVIS_FAN_1337
TRAVIS_FAN_1337 Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 6:54 AM Quote
Honestly I all think you need to get off Spike McHeavy's back about him appearing in the video five times. The majority of you are just complaining that your video didn't make it in and that Spike got shown five times. Well if your videos were any good than Spike might have only been shown four times or maybe even three times. It isn't Spike's fault that he is so naturally good that the selectors chose him over you five times. So man up, get over it and show some respect towards Spike for his work, its not his fault this video was five times better than those of yours that weren't selected.

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 9:25 AM Quote
McHeavyFan wrote:
frandougeil wrote:

If i wanted something similar I'd go for something a million times better and original like Bono or Noel Gallagher himself=)

As previously mentioned, Spike is not a rip-off of Bono or even this Gallagher guy. Spike was the original, he had the look when Bono was in his "cowboy hat wearing Joshua Tree days." As he mentions in an interview in his upcoming documentary film Sex Sex & Rock On: The Amazing Story Of Spike McHeavy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIpDWUim3XM&feature=channel_page

I don't understand how none of you know of Spike, he is a pretty big rock star!!

And to those who are saying he is just using this competition he IS NOT! He is a Travis fan.

Blah..blah..there u go again trying to convert us into becoming one of Mcheavy's avids..all I'm saying is go share that pretty huge fondness u have for spike mcheavy elsewhere,where its more appropriate.Like we all said before,we don't hate him!We just don't think he's good or funny or a great rock star.Different people have different tastes in music..Can't be forced u psychotic Mcheavy fan.

And no one's stopping him from becoming a Travis fan..I in particular have no offense in him being one I'm just not a fan of him.period.

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 9:36 AM Quote
TRAVIS_FAN_1337 wrote:
Honestly I all think you need to get off Spike McHeavy's back about him appearing in the video five times.

That was long over..We were sore at first when our hard works weren't paid off..And his ridiculous cheesy indulgent self got recognised instead.BUt there's definitely nothing that can be done to change that now.So I am no longer sore about that!
It was just my initial reaction to be pissed mainly because I felt many others deserved to be featured more than him and tt's just my honest opinion.If ur a fan go ahead and be one.Go defend Mcheavy all u want.

TRAVIS_FAN_1337 wrote:
It isn't Spike's fault that he is so naturally good that the selectors chose him over you five times. So man up, get over it and show some respect towards Spike for his work, its not his fault this video was five times better than those of yours that weren't selected.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out later on that u could be the man himself..U sound psycho enough to be Spike Mcheavy=)

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:02 AM