Travis

Re: Hey British people...
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 3:31 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

They put hockey cards in pudding mix ? I want answers !

Not IN the pudding mix. On the back of the box.

They arent there all the time, but sometimes you get a lovely cardboardy hockey card to cut out of the box.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 3:32 PM Quote
OK now explain the bay city rollers , what bay city were they from ?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 3:41 PM Quote

They're from the Firth of Forth ??

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 3:45 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Not the Firth of Colin?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 3:51 PM Quote
Why does Canada call Kraft Macaroni and Cheese "Kraft Dinner?" Dinner is a generic term for the evening meal, but does not specify WHAT is being eaten.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 3:57 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Why does Canada call Kraft Macaroni and Cheese "Kraft Dinner?" Dinner is a generic term for the evening meal, but does not specify WHAT is being eaten.

I dont know...Because the people at Kraft tell us to?

http://b8.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01340/82/29/1340399228_s.jpg

Kraft macaroni and cheese is too many words.
If you say 'Kraft Dinner' you immediately know it is fake cheese product from a box, if you say 'mac and cheese' you know its the good homemade stuff.

Wiki informs me that we have the original title. you people went and changed it, so you are the loopy ones:

The product was originally marketed as Kraft Dinner, but is now known in the United States and other countries as Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (Dinner). In the United Kingdom, it is marketed as Cheesey Pasta, while in Canada, it has retained its original name of Kraft Dinner (and nickname KD).

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 4:01 PM Quote
You lot seem to eat a load of shit in a box mix stuff.

Never heard of making it yourself?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 4:01 PM Quote
I like the more specific names. Kraft makes many products, any of which could be eaten for dinner.

"If I had a million dollars..."

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 4:07 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

"If I had a million dollars..."

I'd buy you a monkey. Havent you always wanted a monkey?

and shush you, Darran.
Kraft Dinner was simply being used as an example! I didnt say i eat it.
Real mac and cheese is 100x better.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 4:08 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

There's a bay there ? were they big time rollers ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 4:11 PM Quote
Sure. I have 3 monkeys, what's one more? It would probably be a month before anyone noticed.

Honestly, I don't know if I've ever had "real" homemade pudding made on the stove. I think I've had "real" macaroni and cheese once, but it was almost like a casserole with several types of cheese blended together. It was good, though. I make Annie's shells and cheese, it's organic pasta and white cheddar cheese. It took a while to get used to it, but now the Velveeta that I used to love tastes kinda weird.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 4:13 PM Quote
velveeta = barf !

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 4:19 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Sure. I have 3 monkeys, what's one more? It would probably be a month before anyone noticed.

Honestly, I don't know if I've ever had "real" homemade pudding made on the stove. I think I've had "real" macaroni and cheese once, but it was almost like a casserole with several types of cheese blended together. It was good, though. I make Annie's shells and cheese, it's organic pasta and white cheddar cheese. It took a while to get used to it, but now the Velveeta that I used to love tastes kinda weird.

quite honestly, fake pudding is better than homemade stuff. Atleast the homemade stuff i have had.

I used to eat Kraft Dinner as a kid, but havent had it in years. I make the real stuff and it is sooo much better. I used to get funny text msgs from my roommate when we were in different cities and she wanted to make it: "so, what do i do after i cook the pasta." She was pretty hopeless, but is getting better. She used to bring meat to my room on a regular basis and asked me if it was cooked properly, and i had to supervise her sauteing mushrooms once because she didnt understand how to do it. The poor child.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 4:19 PM Quote
I think what you call puddings we call mousses, regardless of consistency. Maybe.

http://www.cadburydesserts.co.uk/a/img/ourDesserts/productShots/3.gif

I imagine puddings as being cake-like. e.g. christmas pudding, presumably 'cos its got pudding actually in the name. :P

http://www.abc.net.au/tasmania/stories/m972792.jpg

But I guess we do sometimes use the word pudding more generally as substitute for desert.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 4:23 PM Quote
So when Luna Lovegood says, "I hope there's pudding." She really is hoping for cake? My head is starting to hurt.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:07 PM