Travis

Re: Terrible Travis Tracks Thread
i33y
i33y Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 4:35 PM Quote
oi oi
I've liked all travis tracks from the very start, some are better than others but i never tire of listening to them, at the minute my favourite is closer - fantastic.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:37 AM Quote
It seems that we've all got songs that we don't really like but I'm shocked that Selfish Jean is among them!

I think my least favourite song is She's So Strange (and ouch, I just bit my chin - never chew and type!)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 28 Jun, 2007 4:09 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
What I've been reading concludes that Paperclips is the *least* favorite song of many Travis fans,but I do think,in fact,it's one of the best songs they've ever made.uhmm,i hope the problem is not with me.

I like it too, I just think it's TOO dark for the majority of Travis fans.

NeilJD
NeilJD Posted Thu 28 Jun, 2007 6:19 PM Quote
mother was pretty awful,yep go with that

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 1:17 AM Quote
Safe Side wrote:
Sing- Ive never liked it

Nothing short of blasphemy.
My favorite Travis song. Period.
SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU!

I'm suprised no ones mentioned 'Writing to Reach You'...
JK!!!! Just messing with you guys
WTRY is my 2nd favorite Travis song.

I cannot stand 'Happy' on Good Feeling. And sometimes I skip 'Coming Around.' ("Just tell me when it's Coming Aroooooouuuuuunnnnndd..." Uh, not so much)
There, it feels so good to confess.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 1:24 AM Quote
Happy and Coming Around... are you clinically insane? Each to their own and all that, i know, but come on!! lol

And i'll defend Paperclips to the death. Some of Fran's best singing is right there on Paperclips. I don't get the negativity of people surrounding 12 Memories. I think it's the album i listen to most!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 1:37 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
...are you clinically insane?

It has been suggested, yes. :)

Yeah, I don't get the negativity with 12 Memories either. I think some of the best Travis songs are on it. 'Love Will Come Through,' is a masterpiece, and 'Re-Offender' is both tragic and beautiful. Why the bad rep?

I just figured out why it's called 12 Memories the other day. 12 songs... heh heh. I swear I'm not insane.

cartoonmatrix
cartoonmatrix Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 4:01 AM Quote
I agree. 12 memories was not typical Travis but that is like attacking the Beatles for Revolver. Don't discourage change when it is needed. "Paperclips" is awesome. So is "Happy to Hang Around" and "Re-offender" is an ode to battered women everywhere.
But anyway, I don't like "Under the Moonlight". I am sorry. It sounds like other pop drivel I hear from terrible bands that often play on U.S. radios.True, it sounds like that kind of band's best song that makes them a one-hit wonder but still, blah to me. Maybe it will grow on me, but it just doesn't sound like Travis to me. If they have to chose a direction, I hope that isn't it.
As to the new album, the bonus songs "Sailing Away" and "Perfect heaven Space" shouldn't have been bonus. They should have taken the place of "One night" and "New Amsterdam" as actual tracks and made those two bonuses.
Pretty much love everything else in a certain way.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 5:34 AM Quote
cartoonmatrix wrote:
But anyway, I don't like "Under the Moonlight".

"Under the Moonlight" is one of my favorites off the new record. FOR SHAME! I think it's so beautiful

"... into the ho*RI*zon, where the ocean meets the sky..."

Love it.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 05 Aug, 2007 1:43 PM Quote
That Susie Hug's a wee genius!

clockpolitiks
clockpolitiks Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 5:21 AM Quote
*Good Feeling- Happy. Just too repetitive for me.
*The Man Who- Luv. Simply just my least favorite. Not bad though
*Invisible Band- flowers in the window, but seeing it live made me appreciate it more. As of now, my least favorite is Dear Diary
* 12 memories- Paperclips as well
*The Boy With No Name- New Amsterdam. I really liked the first minute, and it really could have been great. I just don't like how the chorus is repeated like 3 times in a row. It had potential.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 5:32 AM Quote
clockpolitiks wrote:
*Good Feeling- Happy. Just too repetitive for me.

GOOD! I'm not the only one...

flower_in_the_window
flower_in_the_window Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 1:13 PM Quote
It's funny how some peoples most hated songs are others most loved songs!
I hate the Britney cover. Hate it. I have it on my iPod but it gets skipped every time!

I love paperclips too!
And i think we are monkeys is hilarious! Obviously it's just supposed to be a funny song! The ba-na-na is genious!

Mike_Thomas
Mike_Thomas Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 9:09 PM Quote
I wouldn't describe any of their tracks as terrible but ones that don't stand up for me include How Many Hearts? and Afterglow although to be fair I haven't heard either of them live. The Fear would probably be part of that list if they didn't play it on the last tour and it completely grew on me after that.

beatlejenn
beatlejenn Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 9:16 PM Quote
cartoonmatrix wrote:
12 memories was not typical Travis but that is like attacking the Beatles for Revolver.

People attack the Beatles for Revolver? It's my favorite Beatles album! humph.

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:19 AM