Travis

Re: Terrible Travis Tracks Thread
Darran
Darran Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 2:50 PM Quote
Paperclips is really quite shocking.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 2:56 PM Quote
Flowers In The Window isn't my fave Travis tune, but I don't understand why so many people highlight it. Cheesy probably, but also happy, catchy, throwaway in a good way. Switched on the TV this morning and it was playing as background to one of these crappy morning property shows. Along with Sing, WDIAROM it's one of their songs that just WON'T DIE, it'll still be being used on TV in a 10 years time.

It's a billion miles away from anything on TMW, had it signalled their new direction or something I'd have hated it with a passion but in their discography it's pretty much a one-off oddity and I like it for that.

Find Sing much more boring on TIB.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:25 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
harry potter wrote:
kevinnn wrote:
why does it always rain on me

:-0

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

;)

hahaha, i would've said that but actually lost the ability to speak. Just sat here with my eyebrows raised to somewhere mid-forehead and jaw dropped - WDIAROM a terrible track? Nooooo! :)

Evelyn

It is overplayed, admittedly. The only time i like hearing it is at a Travis gig

harry potter
harry potter Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:26 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

It is overplayed, admittedly. The only time i like hearing it is at a Travis gig

it's Travis' "Stairway to Heaven". to be honest they don't seem to mind playing it live so that musht mean they're not sick of it - i'm sure the reaction is always so positive and sing-a-longy that it can now NEVER be axed from the setlist/encore what have you.

HermiG
HermiG Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 4:39 PM Quote
I think Peace the Fuck Out is genious. And so is safe. The lyrics are brilliant!

The only song I don't like is Under the Moonlight. It doesn't sound like Travis - it's way too comercial. But it's fun playing it on the guitar!

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 8:03 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
paul_c wrote:

it's Travis' "Stairway to Heaven". to be honest they don't seem to mind playing it live so that musht mean they're not sick of it - i'm sure the reaction is always so positive and sing-a-longy that it can now NEVER be axed from the setlist/encore what have you.

*nods*
yep, I so agree with you, Harry. It mustn't ever be left out of the set list because
a) that song IS a legend
b) i'm still waiting for my chance to pogo to it at some show :)

Evelyn

harry potter
harry potter Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 8:15 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
harry potter wrote:
paul_c wrote:

*nods*
yep, I so agree with you, Harry. It mustn't ever be left out of the set list because
a) that song IS a legend
b) i'm still waiting for my chance to pogo to it at some show :)

Evelyn

i'll do a pogo in your honor in July when they play here :-D

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 8:22 PM Quote
[/quote]

i'll do a pogo in your honor in July when they play here :-D [/quote]

hahaa, that is most kind of you. Thank you!
Oh, could i get it as a video? The pogoing, I mean :)

harry potter
harry potter Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 8:40 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:

hahaa, that is most kind of you. Thank you!
Oh, could i get it as a video? The pogoing, I mean :)

i'm sure it could end up on YouTube - the chunky irish guy that started to jump up and down and cause the staging area to collapse -- ooooh the humanity.

Fran
Fran Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 12:49 AM Quote
I love this song. The lyric is cool. The backing vocal in the chorus is a lost treasure. Come on Harry, you're breaking by heart... ahem

We are wrong we are wrong we are oh so so wrong
We are monkeys
(ba-na-na)

: )

Vince
Vince Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 1:01 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
I love this song. The lyric is cool. The backing vocal in the chorus is a lost treasure. Come on Harry, you're breaking by heart... ahem

We are monkeys
(ba-na-na)

i love it too. it's genius :)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 1:05 AM Quote
Vince wrote:
Fran wrote:

We are monkeys
(ba-na-na)

i love it too. it's genius :)

i agree! *nods*

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 2:39 AM Quote
Fran wrote:

We are monkeys
(ba-na-na)

yeah I happen to <3 We Are Monkeys. I played it for my American Experience class of about 30 students and it got pretty good reception. There are three Travis fans in that class besides me! Which is really amazing because I live in the U.S. and not many people know of Travis right now.

Afterglow
Afterglow Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 3:03 AM Quote
Fran wrote:

We are monkeys
(ba-na-na)

I love We Are Monkeys but now I feel like an idiot because I never noticed the ba-na-na part. I thought it was na-na-na-na
The track I skip is Peace the Fuck Out (but I do enjoy the handbags at dawn)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 6:24 AM Quote
There are songs that I skip once in a while, not because I don't like them, but because it really depends on what mood I'm in. Like this morning I skipped "Selfish Jean" on my way in to work and I LOVE that track...it's just too happy and fun for me when I'm in the process of waking up, lol.

But I seriously can't believe some of you! "As You Are"?????????? "WDIAROM"????????? Come on!

And you call yourselves Travis fans!!!

:P

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:08 AM