Travis

Re: A Project I'll Be Undertaking - A Year In Photos
elfy
elfy Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 6:42 AM Quote
Quite enjoyed the photos this week. Managed to get out and about quite a bit and got (in no particular order) some high speed water action, a shot of my old high school, a cool sculpture thing, a couple of horses, a mean and moody self-portrait and a weird advert-like, half photo, half line drawing Photoshopped effort of my compact camera.

Quite a varied week really.

elfy
elfy Posted Mon 22 Jun, 2009 6:05 AM Quote
Another pretty varied week this week including a shot of my mate being a goon, a few still life shots, another shot of the dog (bored with her yet?) and a couple of outdoor efforts. Let me know what you think.

A Year In Photos

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 05 Jul, 2009 11:18 PM Quote
More still-life this week, been hanging around in my garage quite a bit. Also a couple of shots of Glasgow city centre, including a statue with a cone on it's head!

All comments, good and bad, are more than welcome.

A Year In Photos

elfy
elfy Posted Tue 14 Jul, 2009 11:00 PM Quote
This week has seen some still life (mainly plant related for some reason), a shot of my neighbour's motorbike, the obligatory shot of the dog (first of the month mind you, and a little bit different this time), a portrait shot of my mate Sty and some high speed watery shenanigans. Worth a look I reckon, so let me know if they're good, crap, or indifferent....

A Year In Photos

elfy
elfy Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 11:33 PM Quote
Another week.....another update. A still-life product shot of my phone featured this week along with a high speed water balloon burst shot, some Photoshop trickery to give a static car shot a bit of movement, the neighbour's boxer pup Molly, a split-toning effect applied to another still-life and me as Elvis. Sound interesting? Have a look and see.

elfy
elfy Posted Tue 04 Aug, 2009 6:15 PM Quote
Not updated for a couple of weeks. So what have you missed in that time? Couple of still life shots, a couple of footy related ones, a few days of me being obsessed with my new close-up filters, one of the new bridge in Glasgow and a shot of my mate Andy's ugly face.

As usual, have a look, praise, criticise, laugh at, whatever takes your fancy. I am here for your entertainment.

A Year In Photos

joss
joss Posted Thu 06 Aug, 2009 5:33 PM Quote
cool photos!.)

elfy
elfy Posted Mon 10 Aug, 2009 9:43 PM Quote
joss wrote:
cool photos!.)

Thanks!

Right, another varied week I'd say. This time we've had a couple of still life shots, a shot of me posing for the camera looking moody (I know, it's the only look I've got - I'm like that Zoolander fella!), a musical recommendation, the dog enjoying the sunrise (a favourite of the missus), one of Ibrox stadium for all the Rangers fans.....oh, and a bloody great spider.

Go on, leave some comments. I dare you.

elfy
elfy Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 6:55 AM Quote
Some still life, an abandoned car, the Glasgow Central clock, the national stadium and me with one big massive hand to look at this week.

As always, feel free to comment as you see fit.

elfy
elfy Posted Fri 28 Aug, 2009 6:49 PM Quote
Been a wee while since my last update so since then we have had, in no particular order, the dog (of course!), a couple of light trail experiments, my hand, my mate Han and his missus, some spices on the spice rack, some Smirnoff vodka, me with a guitar and a landscape shot of the village.

Have a look, leave a comment.....or don't if you can't be bothered. It's entirely up to you.

A Year In Photos

elfy
elfy Posted Mon 07 Sep, 2009 6:44 AM Quote
Alright kids! What have you missed recently then? We've had a close up of a slug (nice!), some empty plate/Irn Bru can still life, my local football team with their new kit on, the ford badge from a random car parked in my driveway, one of the missus, one of the dog, some random still life, an old record player I found up in the loft and a big bloody knife.

You know what to do.

A Year In Photos

elfy
elfy Posted Mon 05 Oct, 2009 4:41 PM Quote
It's been a while since I've updated you all. I won't sit and tell you everything I've been shooting, suffice to say that there's been the usual mixture of still-life, portraits, light trails and dogs!

Have a look and leave whatever comments you see fit.

A Year In Photos

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Mon 05 Oct, 2009 5:42 PM Quote
Your photo's continue to be inspiring Elfy.
I went out early this morning and climbed a hill close to me and got some lovely shots of horses I took in silhouette because I exposed to the bright autumn sunny sky.The mist lifting out of the valleys was beautiful too.
It's so rewarding is photography.
Do you make a living out of it? Did you go to college?Or is it just an obsession?
A photography friend of mine who died recently said I had the eye for it and I should go and learn to do it properly but I don't know how to go about it or whether just to enjoy it as a hobby.

elfy
elfy Posted Thu 08 Oct, 2009 7:01 PM Quote
barlickbabe wrote:
Your photo's continue to be inspiring Elfy.
I went out early this morning and climbed a hill close to me and got some lovely shots of horses I took in silhouette because I exposed to the bright autumn sunny sky.The mist lifting out of the valleys was beautiful too.
It's so rewarding is photography.
Do you make a living out of it? Did you go to college?Or is it just an obsession?
A photography friend of mine who died recently said I had the eye for it and I should go and learn to do it properly but I don't know how to go about it or whether just to enjoy it as a hobby.

Cheers, I appreciate that. Nah, I don't make a living from it, although I would love to. Just a hobby/very small earner at the moment but yeah, it's safe to say it's a bit of an obsession of mine. I did a very short photography course at school but most of what I've learned is just from reading up on it from books and magazines.

elfy
elfy Posted Wed 21 Oct, 2009 6:47 AM Quote
Still life, landscapes, an abundance of the dog, discarded alcohol bottles and flaming guitars just about sums up the content since my last update.

Have a look if you so desire...

A Year In Photos

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:34 PM