Travis

Re: A Project I'll Be Undertaking - A Year In Photos
Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 9:34 PM Quote
Hey man, you're doing a great job!

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 8:35 PM Quote
Weekly update time. Couple of landscapey type shots this week, some still-life, a people shot which I don't actually do many of and a wee experiment in cloning the dog. An interesting week, I think.

Rammsfer wrote:
Hey man, you're doing a great job!

Thanks man.

elfy
elfy Posted Sat 11 Apr, 2009 11:04 AM Quote
Just to let you all know, prints are available for purchase now, should anyone feel the need to have one of my photos on their wall. Unfortunately, I can only deliver to the UK at the moment though.

elfy
elfy Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 10:25 AM Quote
***Weekly Update***

Another week out the way, and I'm thinking I might actually finish this thing. Most people say that if you get past the first couple of months doing this then you'll probably finish so here's hoping.

A few landscape type shots this week, one of my injured dog and an unhealthy obsession with Star Wars. Just your average week really.

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 19 Apr, 2009 8:51 PM Quote
It's that time again!

Been off work this week so I've actually been mostly out and about taking photos. A few landscapes, a sleeping missus with the mutt, and a bit of commercial advertising photography for Jack Daniel's.

Lovely.

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 9:11 PM Quote
....aaaaaand another update.

Bit of a mix this week, a couple of still life/experimental type shots, a portrait (which I rarely do), a sunrise, a sunset and a shot of my own hand making the shape of a G chord on the guitar - which isn't an easy photo to take by the way!

elfy
elfy Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 10:11 PM Quote
I've tried not to post the photos from my project here, mainly because I'd prefer people to actually visit the website, but I've posted today's because I'm actually quite excited about this. So tomorrow is the 184th annual Neilston Agricultural Show, or the Cattle Show to us locals. Mainly it's just an excuse for the whole village to get drunk. This year however I will be staying relatively sober, well until the evening at least, because I've decided to try and sell some of my photos of the village. I've arranged to set up a gazebo in my Aunt's garden which just happens to be conveniently on the route to the show itself. Anyways, I've printed them all up for display purposes and shall (hopefully) take some orders for prints. Although now I've said that I probably won't sell any, haha!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/elfy32the2nd/May01ForWeb.jpg

elfy
elfy Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 10:09 AM Quote
Update time again.

Another varied week this week. A couple of shots of the village, a car shot, another portrait type shot, and a wicked looking high speed water drop shot last night which is one of my favourites of the whole thing so far.

Have a look, leave your comments, you know the drill....

Oh yeah, I managed to sell a few prints on Saturday too!

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 10 May, 2009 10:00 AM Quote
Another week finished. It's starting to become second nature taking a photo every day. I've got an alarm set on my phone for nine o'clock every night to remind me to take one but I'm needing to be reminded less and less.

Only the one landscape this week. Been going a bit mad with the still life shots instead. A couple of light trail ones and another couple of high speed, splashy type ones for today and yesterday.

Look, comment, ignore, abuse, whatever you feel like really.

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 17 May, 2009 9:31 AM Quote
Time for an update methinks. Couple of landscapes, couple of still life, the obligatory shot of the dog and a scary big hole in the ground. Your average week really....

A Year In Photos

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 9:10 PM Quote
And another week complete. A week dominated by landscapes as it happens. Also, a still life of my dinner (inspiring stuff, I know), a shot of my wife with the dog, and the return of the light trail stick dudes!

A Year In Photos

elfy
elfy Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 7:11 AM Quote
Time for another update.

A week dominated by still-life shots as it happens with a couple of portraits thrown in too - my own ugly mug being one of them!

elfy
elfy Posted Mon 08 Jun, 2009 9:38 PM Quote
More still life stuff this week, along with another self-portrait, a photo of the cinema in Glasgow, and of course the dog.

Have a look, comment, abuse, ignore....whatever you like really.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 08 Jun, 2009 9:42 PM Quote
elfy wrote:
More still life stuff this week, along with another self-portrait, a photo of the cinema in Glasgow, and of course the dog.

Have a look, comment, abuse, ignore....whatever you like really.

You're doin' well Bud, 6 Months in, 6 to go!!

Dubz

elfy
elfy Posted Mon 08 Jun, 2009 9:58 PM Quote
Cheers mate. Aye, I've got further with it than I ever thought I would so that's something. I'm thinking I'll definitely finish it now. Wondering what to do once it's finished, whether to get a book printed or do a calendar or something. Seems a shame not to do something with the photos.

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:01 AM