Travis

Re: TV Recommendations
Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2012 10:18 PM Quote
Revenge

I'm kinda addicted to it. Already aired the first season in America. Now being shown on UK tv...can't remember what channel - T4 maybe?

Its the kind of brain dead tv but with beautiful people living in very luxurious surroundings (The Hamptons this time), with very beautiful things and very lovely clothes (and cars). All very materialistic and low of me....but look further, the storyline is good. Kinda.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 14 Jul, 2012 7:37 PM Quote
I like Revenge a lot! Nolan is my favourite!

PS Although, I am not ashamed to say, my favourite show last year was Hart of Dixie. tee hee.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:16 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

PS Although, I am not ashamed to say, my favourite show last year was Hart of Dixie. tee hee.

HNW, kids. HNW :)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 14 Jul, 2012 11:07 PM Quote
Yup. Le sigh.

Don't forget the short shorts!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 15 Jul, 2012 1:19 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Yup. Le sigh.

Don't forget the short shorts!

Completely appropriate doctor attire

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 15 Jul, 2012 3:02 PM Quote
Wallander is back on BBC, (the English version with Kenneth Brannagh) it's quite slow and moody but it is very good.

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 19 Jul, 2012 7:40 PM Quote

24 Hours In A&E is strangely compelling.

mili
mili Posted Thu 19 Jul, 2012 8:40 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Wallander is back on BBC, (the English version with Kenneth Brannagh) it's quite slow and moody but it is very good.
Dubz

I think Wallander and other Swedish detectives should always speak Swedish, the stories somehow lose something when the language changes. Some of the Swedish actors in the Swedish series are brilliant. Mikael Persbrandt as Gunvald Larsson in Beck (and in other roles, too) is one of my favourites.

I do understand the need of remakes, as most countries don't have the Finnish tradition of subtitles in anything non-Finnish (or Swedish for the Swedish speaking Finns), and perhaps the story is easier to follow when moved to a more familiar environment.

Talking of remakes, can anyone tell me, why British series (like the Office) have to be remade for the US consumption? Is the language too different?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 19 Jul, 2012 9:18 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Dubz

I think Wallander and other Swedish detectives should always speak Swedish, the stories somehow lose something when the language changes. Some of the Swedish actors in the Swedish series are brilliant. Mikael Persbrandt as Gunvald Larsson in Beck (and in other roles, too) is one of my favourites.

I do understand the need of remakes, as most countries don't have the Finnish tradition of subtitles in anything non-Finnish (or Swedish for the Swedish speaking Finns), and perhaps the story is easier to follow when moved to a more familiar environment.

Talking of remakes, can anyone tell me, why British series (like the Office) have to be remade for the US consumption? Is the language too different?

I agree, I'd rather watch the originals with subtitles, Forbrydelssen (sp?) was far, far better than the remake: The Killing. I seen one of the original Sverge(sp?) versions of Wallander but I really want to see them in order so have held off watching the second series... I think it was Leila (Harmony) that told me that the girl who had a supporting part in it commited suicide and the actors all took it pretty badly or I could of course be getting totally mixed up. I think you have to take the UK version of Wallander as a seperate programme a different interpretation rather than a remake. Brannagh is very good but I doubt he's anywhere near the Sverge Wallander.

Incidentally, I'm reading Jo Nesbo's books at the moment and I can't help feeling they are losing something in the translation from the original Norwegian.

As towards the US/UK remake shite, it saves them coming up with a fucking original idea, The Office, Shameless and I believe now they've done The Inbetweeners. I'm also fucking sick of X-Factor, Apprentice, Come Dine With Me, Masterchef UK/US/Celebrity.

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 20 Jul, 2012 5:56 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

HNW? I am lost.

Was going to watch that Hart of Dixie. You would recommend it then Megg? :)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 20 Jul, 2012 8:45 PM Quote
Megg...Have you seen all the first series of Revenge? I watched the whole schbang from tvlinks....awesome!

I am just about to watch Hart of Dixie from the beginning! She will ALWAYS be Summer to me! :)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2012 6:23 PM Quote
Yes, seen all the Revenge episodes!
I love Hart of Dixie. It's so...charming! You just can't help but root for all the characters even those who seem unlikable at first *cough*Lemon*cough*. Just don't expect anything other than good soapy entertainment :) Ha, HNW*! Oh you will know lots about HNW soon ;) And I adore Rachel Bilson - she's pretty much Summer in this show, just imagine that Summer went to be a doctor and broke up with Cohen and you're good to go.

*It stands for Hot Neighbour Wade

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2012 7:40 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

HNW? I am lost.

Was going to watch that Hart of Dixie. You would recommend it then Megg? :)

YES!

Wenders have you been watching New Girl?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2012 6:35 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I love Hart of Dixie. It's so...charming! You just can't help but root for all the characters even those who seem unlikable at first *cough*Lemon*cough*. Just don't expect anything other than good soapy entertainment :) Ha, HNW*! Oh you will know lots about HNW soon ;) And I adore Rachel Bilson - she's pretty much Summer in this show, just imagine that Summer went to be a doctor and broke up with Cohen and you're good to go.

Completely LOVING Hart of Dixie! And yes I totally get the HNW reference! :) Lemon is so annoying but I am starting to "warm" to her a little. I am on episode 9!

Kristy...yes I watch New Girl. Love Zooey! But need to catch up with it.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2012 6:44 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

Completely LOVING Hart of Dixie! And yes I totally get the HNW reference! :) Lemon is so annoying but I am starting to "warm" to her a little. I am on episode 9!

Kristy...yes I watch New Girl. Love Zooey! But need to catch up with it.

I never warmed to Lemon, but Gosia likes her. Wait until you get to the last episode, then you will REALLY get the HNW reference ;)
New Girl is THE BEST! The most quotable.

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Next All Times UTC Current Time 2:02 AM