Travis

Re: TV Recommendations
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 05 Jan, 2010 6:41 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Is Flash Forward any good? It's starting here tomorrow, but clashes with my daughter's favourite, Mentalist.

It had a really good start but then became very slow (especially for an action show!) and rather boring, at least for me. Hopefully the episodes after the break will be better. It definitely has some potential!

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 05 Jan, 2010 6:49 PM Quote
I agree with Megg ;)

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Wed 06 Jan, 2010 5:54 AM Quote
My Name is Earl always makes me laugh A LOT! I am only home late at night so thats all I really get to watch on occassion.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 07 Jan, 2011 3:20 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
There's NOTHING on TV that I am bothered by right now! :( I am so bored with the tv these days that I have stopped looking for something decent to watch.

Dubz, a new series (well three part show) started last night on BBC 1. It's called Wallander and is based on the Swedish character Kurt Wallander in Henning Mankell's books. You might be interested...it's like a more intellectual detective show. I didn't get to see it but it should be repeated at some point.

Just about to watch this, It's the UK version with Kenneth Branagh, I sky+'d it the other night from the Alibi channel it says it's program 101 and I wanted to watch from the start. It's called "Sidetracked" ??

The Sverige version is on BBC4 all the time but I can't seem to find any details and I do want to watch them in the correct order, I don't mind the subtitles and the guy who plays the main role is supposed to be brilliant, (I believe his co-star comitted suicide or something also??).

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 07 Jan, 2011 3:48 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Peewee wrote:
There's NOTHING on TV that I am bothered by right now! :( I am so bored with the tv these days that I have stopped looking for something decent to watch.

Dubz, a new series (well three part show) started last night on BBC 1. It's called Wallander and is based on the Swedish character Kurt Wallander in Henning Mankell's books. You might be interested...it's like a more intellectual detective show. I didn't get to see it but it should be repeated at some point.

Just about to watch this, It's the UK version with Kenneth Branagh, I sky+'d it the other night from the Alibi channel it says it's program 101 and I wanted to watch from the start. It's called "Sidetracked" ??

The Sverige version is on BBC4 all the time but I can't seem to find any details and I do want to watch them in the correct order, I don't mind the subtitles and the guy who plays the main role is supposed to be brilliant, (I believe his co-star comitted suicide or something also??).

Dubz

I never watched the UK Kenneth Branagh series but I did hear the other day someone recommending it (and thus ordered all the books). I had only watched several of the Swedish series. I preferred these as it made it more real (setting etc) and like the books to me. I don't mind subtitles one bit. Not sure too much about the actor but I am sure you could find some info here.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 07 Jan, 2011 8:07 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Peewee wrote:

Dubz

I never watched the UK Kenneth Branagh series but I did hear the other day someone recommending it (and thus ordered all the books). I had only watched several of the Swedish series. I preferred these as it made it more real (setting etc) and like the books to me. I don't mind subtitles one bit. Not sure too much about the actor but I am sure you could find some info here.

It's not bad. It tries a wee bit too hard but it was pretty good. I think I'd prefer the Swedish version.

The girl who plays Wallander's daughter Johanna Salstrom committed suicide after suffering depression...

From Wiki...

Sällström was found dead in her home in Malmö shortly before midnight on 13 February 2007. She had been released from a psychiatric unit, where she had been receiving treatment for depression traced to her experience in the 2004 tsunami, a short while previously. The cause of her death was suicide. After her death, Henning Mankell was unable to write the last two novels in his planned three-part series with the character Linda (whom she portrayed), as his grief and guilt were too great.

Dubz

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 08 Jan, 2011 6:37 PM Quote
10 days ago I started to watch Breaking Bad and I'm in love with it!

http://freeonlinesmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Breaking-Bad-Online1.jpg

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 21 Jan, 2012 9:06 AM Quote
I know most of the "Boardies" these days are from different continents but...

If you have BBC Television there is a film on BBC2 at 12:00(gmt) today called Whale Rider a brilliant film from New Zealand about a wee lassie's struggle to be recognized as a warrior by her grandfather, her grandfather does not believe that girls can be warriors and although he loves her very much he cannot bring himself to break with tradition.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Sat 21 Jan, 2012 10:03 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

If you have BBC Television there is a film on BBC2 at 12:00(gmt) today called Whale Rider a brilliant film from New Zealand about a wee lassie's struggle to be recognized as a warrior by her grandfather, her grandfather does not believe that girls can be warriors and although he loves her very much he cannot bring himself to break with tradition.

Dubz

I saw it years ago, really enjoyed it!

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 21 Jan, 2012 11:50 AM Quote
mili wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

I saw it years ago, really enjoyed it!

me, too!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 30 Jan, 2012 10:32 PM Quote
New Girl - HILARIOUS! And yes that did warrent the caps lock!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 30 Jan, 2012 11:08 PM Quote
Fades.....

Walking dead

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 31 Jan, 2012 1:09 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:

I love New Girl! I love Zooey! it is so cute.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 31 Jan, 2012 1:09 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:

I love New Girl! I love Zooey! it is so cute.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 31 Jan, 2012 1:54 AM Quote
I love New Girl too!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:33 PM