Travis

TV Recommendations
Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 3:04 PM Quote
TV has been abysmal over the last few weeks.
"I'm a Celebrity ..." should be prosecuted under the Trade Descriptions Act.

I have one recommendation -

Band of Brothers - it's on BBC2 Monday and Tuesday nights at 11.20pm. And if you wanna watch it from the beginning, buy the box set; it's well worth it.

Any other suggestions?

Re: TV Recommendations
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 4:07 PM Quote
Bold and the Beautiful :)

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:

Band of Brothers - it's on BBC2 Monday and Tuesday nights at 11.20pm. And if you wanna watch it from the beginning, buy the box set; it's well worth it.

I can't wait until they premiere "The Pacific" which is going to be like BoB except set in the... Pacific. I think it'll be great, can't wait. It's suppose to be next year.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 4:38 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
"I'm a Celebrity ..." should be prosecuted under the Trade Descriptions Act.

And for murder to television in general. 3 weeks of prime time drama scheduling decimated for the sake of this crap.

Not much to rave about, I agree. Although Lead Balloon is flicking my switches at the mo.

And the reruns of Summer Heights High. (pity it's a rerun that gets my recommendation- things are bad!)

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 4:42 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
TV has been abysmal over the last few weeks.

I agree, the only thing i've been watching regularly is reruns of Stargate(I love Daniel Jackson)! But it's on so late i always fall asleep :(

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 5:17 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Kristy wrote:

I can't wait until they premiere "The Pacific" which is going to be like BoB except set in the... Pacific. I think it'll be great, can't wait. It's suppose to be next year.

Funnily enough, I was bored last week and rewatched all of band of brothers and re-read the book. So I'm good to go

News of 'the pacific' hasn't made it's way over here yet, but just looked it up on wikipedia - WOW! I look forward to this!! I hope it's as emotionally engaging as BoB is!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 5:20 PM Quote
Emmm The I.T Crowd has started back for series 3... channel 4 I think... always worth a watch.

Other than that I've been watching 'Outnumbered' a semi-improvised comedy about a family, quite cool, on the BBC.

mili
mili Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 5:21 PM Quote
The first season of Mad Men is on here. I've enjoyed it quite a bit. It's also interesting to see that not that much has changed in advertising in 40 something years.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 5:26 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:

And the reruns of Summer Heights High. (pity it's a rerun that gets my recommendation- things are bad!)

they just started showing it here a couple of weeks ago. I haven't gotten around to watching it.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 5:27 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Tonie wrote:

they just started showing it here a couple of weeks ago. I haven't gotten around to watching it.

If you like cringe-worthy comedy, this is for you. It's brilliant!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 5:46 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Kristy wrote:

Should tell my Dad about that, he was into Band of Brothers. My Poppa served in the RNZN in the Pacific. Wonder which part of the pacific it'll involve? Looks mainly Japan and stuff... though it's being filmed in Aussie..

TK23
TK23 Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 8:39 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:

Oh, Band of Brothers- I'm a huge fan. Absolutely stunning, isn't it? For me, there are few movies (miniseries, etc.) that can even come close to topping it. Everything about it was so well-executed- from the acting, to the cinematography, to the theme song (it's on my iPod : P )- I can watch it again and again. One of my favorite parts was 'Bastogne'- part six. Eugene 'Doc' Roe, played by Shane Taylor, has to be one of my favorite characters.

Haha, can you tell I really love it? Definitely looking forward to The Pacific.

Also, especially to any fellow history buffs, John Adams was an amazing miniseries too! ; )

(Oh! & BoB just came out on Blu-Ray, as I just saw in Best Buy.)

neverAcquiesce
neverAcquiesce Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 9:02 PM Quote
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Spent the better part of two weekends with friends watching the DVDs.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Sun 30 Nov, 2008 12:27 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

Funnily enough, I was bored last week and rewatched all of band of brothers and re-read the book. So I'm good to go

News of 'the pacific' hasn't made it's way over here yet, but just looked it up on wikipedia - WOW! I look forward to this!! I hope it's as emotionally engaging as BoB is!

I've been trying to find the book in my local libraries and all the copies are in LARGE print - what's that all about? Do they think only old people wanna read it or summat?
Methinks I'll have to buy it.

Re The Pacific - I'll keep an eye out for that, cheers!

Kristy
Kristy Posted Sun 30 Nov, 2008 12:29 PM Quote
kiwi wrote:
Emmm The I.T Crowd has started back for series 3... channel 4 I think... always worth a watch.

Other than that I've been watching 'Outnumbered' a semi-improvised comedy about a family, quite cool, on the BBC.

I've seen Outnumbered - not sure about it, quite quirky I s'pose. But the little girl is fab! She's so natural.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:01 AM