Travis

Re: Battling with depression
AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 27 Nov, 2008 12:56 PM Quote
strongbow1 wrote:
Depression is a illness. It can cause a lot of difficulties . Don't let it get too far. If you have any idea what maybe causing you to feel down try and sort it. There is a big difference between being depressed and feeling down.
Two weeks of feeling down ain't long enough to certify anyone with depression.

Thank you Mr Doctor !
LOL

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 27 Nov, 2008 2:21 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
It's a very difficult situation, but I think the fact that you're talking about it and aknowledging (is that a word?) how you're feeling is a big step.

Hey Dr. Phil ;)

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Thu 27 Nov, 2008 2:42 PM Quote
Hey Fred,
I am sorry to hear you've been feeling so low. I Haven't been in contact for too long, sorry about that.
If there is anything i can do.................
I sent you an email instead of cramming my questions in this post. Hang in there!!!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 27 Nov, 2008 11:10 PM Quote
So sorry. *hugs*
Just a suggestion and not meant in any way to suppose anything, but you may want to ask a professional if there is an underlying (medical) condition that may be causing the depression. It's possible.

strongbow1
strongbow1 Posted Fri 28 Nov, 2008 12:28 AM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
strongbow1 wrote:
Depression is a illness. It can cause a lot of difficulties . Don't let it get too far. If you have any idea what maybe causing you to feel down try and sort it. There is a big difference between being depressed and feeling down.

Thank you Mr Doctor !
LOL

Maybe if you stopped whining about it on a message board and stopped thinking that everyone here would feel sorry for you things would be better.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 28 Nov, 2008 9:40 AM Quote
Fred, well done. I think it's wonderful and brave to have posted this and everybody else to have either shown support or commented whatever your thoughts were on that post. Alex, thank you too, I didn't know.
Years ago in a critical phase of my life I dared joining the board because the distance and the closeness I sensed from the boardies was a way of connecting with people who I felt I could share things with. That included sharing some serious issues...some call this oversharing. It alway amazed me that the concept or even the word of oversharing existed : how can one over share? Sharing has the limitations that your generosity and honesty give it.
Some of you know that I also have been struggling with depression. Thank you medication, they saved my life and the happiness in my family. Fred you are wonderful and they are people who loves you, like I do : I love you ma chère copine, so this is just a shit phase of your life and you are going to deal with it in the best way. You know you need help and you should do exactly what you think is right. If that means going to hospital again then go for it love. YOU ARE NOT ALONE and you are not going to lose because you have this light inside, this love for life.
This is a music board and this is precisely why I think it's great that our friendships enable and allow us to talk about stuff as serious as that. Because we have something in common that is not just about joining a medical forum and talk to other people just like you with the same concern. Merci for your attention and care.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 28 Nov, 2008 9:42 AM Quote
strongbow1 wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
strongbow1 wrote:

Thank you Mr Doctor !
LOL

Maybe if you stopped whining about it on a message board and stopped thinking that everyone here would feel sorry for you things would be better.

? Are you serious? Joking?

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 28 Nov, 2008 10:00 AM Quote
strongbow1 wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
strongbow1 wrote:

Thank you Mr Doctor !
LOL

hey you ! what makes you think you so f***ing smart!?!

If Absy feels the need to communicate her feelings on the board she's very welcome and the majority of peeps here are compassionate enough to understand try to help. This board has always been great place where you could tell your sorrows, it has been a great help to me in the past too. So let's not have idiots like you change that !!

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 28 Nov, 2008 11:21 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:
strongbow1 wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
strongbow1 wrote:

Thank you Mr Doctor !
LOL

hey you ! what makes you think you so f***ing smart!?!

If Absy feels the need to communicate her feelings on the board she's very welcome and the majority of peeps here are compassionate enough to understand try to help. This board has always been great place where you could tell your sorrows, it has been a great help to me in the past too. So let's not have idiots like you change that !!

I concur.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 28 Nov, 2008 12:26 PM Quote
I just find it strange that you feel the need to tell the whole world about it through a public messageboard, but if it works for you then why not eh!

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 28 Nov, 2008 12:33 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
I just find it strange that you feel the need to tell the whole world about it through a public messageboard, but if it works for you then why not eh!

It's funny you should say that cause earlier before you posted this I was thinking that some people could find it strange that you Lemon or Dubz post on how you are totally off your head on booze. I really think it's up to the 'poster' to share what he/she feels or need to (up to a the limit of respect for others of course).

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 28 Nov, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
I, personally, am not one for holding back if I disagree with a thread or a comment, so I do think that Strongbow, to a point, has done nothing wrong.

There are two sides to the argument for posting such a personal and emotive thread as this one. One is that the forum is a great vehicle for expressing yourself, and for offloading stresses and concerns. It is not something I would choose to do myself, but, as Fred knows, I support her in her choice to do so, especially if it helps her, one small iota, or even more. (don't get me wrong, I don't flatter myself that my thoughts on the matter are important to Fred, but I'm just stating it for the record!)

But conversely, whatever your feelings on the subject, I don't think we should be so quick to judge posters such as Strongbow. Simply because on a public forum anything that you write is open to debate. Strongbow has an opinion that goes against the majority. But does that make them wrong for expressing it? I think not. Debate with them all you like, but don't blame them for saying what they think. Otherwise, what's the point of the forum? Whilst I think that Strongbow's comments are harsh, Fred and others have left themselves open to both supportive and non-supportive responses. Such is the way of the forum world, is it not?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 28 Nov, 2008 12:48 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

It's funny you should say that cause earlier before you posted this I was thinking that some people could find it strange that you Lemon or Dubz post on how you are totally off your head on booze. I really think it's up to the 'poster' to share what he/she feels or need to (up to a the limit of respect for others of course).

Yeah and I understand that, but depression is a really personal thing, and I just find it a little odd that someone would wanna share anything like that on public forum. But like I said, if it works for her then good on her.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 28 Nov, 2008 1:07 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
I, personally, am not one for holding back if I disagree with a thread or a comment, so I do think that Strongbow, to a point, has done nothing wrong.

There are two sides to the argument for posting such a personal and emotive thread as this one. One is that the forum is a great vehicle for expressing yourself, and for offloading stresses and concerns. It is not something I would choose to do myself, but, as Fred knows, I support her in her choice to do so, especially if it helps her, one small iota, or even more. (don't get me wrong, I don't flatter myself that my thoughts on the matter are important to Fred, but I'm just stating it for the record!)

But conversely, whatever your feelings on the subject, I don't think we should be so quick to judge posters such as Strongbow. Simply because on a public forum anything that you write is open to debate. Strongbow has an opinion that goes against the majority. But does that make them wrong for expressing it? I think not. Debate with them all you like, but don't blame them for saying what they think. Otherwise, what's the point of the forum? Whilst I think that Strongbow's comments are harsh, Fred and others have left themselves open to both supportive and non-supportive responses. Such is the way of the forum world, is it not?

I agree with the logic of your analysis and the freedom of opinion and debate but I disagree with the contents of Strongbow's post because it was judgmental and negative against Fred. If one writes 'I am battling with depression' whoever replies what Strongbow replied is simply pushing the depressed one down even more. Is this right? This is mean, unecessary and unresponsible. If that judgment would have been put across in a considerate and kind way it would be fine but it wasn't. The point here is not Strongbow's opinion because it's fine to have this opinion it's the form, the tone it was written which makes it unacceptable in a place of friendship and support.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 28 Nov, 2008 1:23 PM Quote
strongbow1 wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
strongbow1 wrote:

Thank you Mr Doctor !
LOL

I love whining i cannot help doing so and luckily i'm reminded by kind spirits like yours that I DO complain way too much considering my health and state I'm in.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:15 AM