Travis

Re: New Dougie/Fran itw (in French)
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 11:16 PM Quote
When asked "has living in Berlin influenced your music?" Fran replies: "No, not yet, i've not written anything since i've been here because we've been on the road. It's frustrating that i've been on the road since i've been here. Since March i've been here for maybe a month and a half..."

I take from that that he hasn't written anything since at least March. Or he hadn't written anything up to 10th October anyway. Maybe in this time off recently he's been writing. Ok, they've done a few gigs but he's had time to write. So maybe he really thinks that the album will be written by the end of the year. I still find it incredible that they can write 2 albums, plus b sides in one year. :)

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 12:11 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
The only reason I presumed 2009 was because of my shock of it being 2008. It's quite hard to believe but by the translation it does seem to be 2008.

In a recent interview from about 6 weeks ago. It might have been the German one before that gig, I'm pretty sure Fran said he'd not written any songs since the start of the year. I'll check it in a bit. Maybe left over songs from the Ode sessions and maybe they've made another 5 week written album. Finished writing by end of 2008. Recorded, mixed by March. Release date: June? How exciting! If it's all true of course. Let's wait and see... :)

There are big chances the interview was badly translated. I hope not, but if we say the album would be released in Summer 2009, that wouldn't even make one year since OTJS.
It's so fast it's hard to believe...

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 12:34 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
epic tunes like Quite Free and Chinese Blues

They are my favourites , along with Friends and yes they are definately epic.:) They have more 'twist' to them ,sophisticated , but without losing the tune. Very clever work , would like to hear more of that .

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 12:47 AM Quote
OHMEATPIES wrote:
There are big chances the interview was badly translated. I hope not, but if we say the album would be released in Summer 2009, that wouldn't even make one year since OTJS.
It's so fast it's hard to believe...

Yes, you're right. Still it's been an exciting few hours at least. Just thinking of the possibility of it. :) Fran might be reading all this thinking "no, no, no!!! You've got it all wrong!" but he has mentioned in many interviews this year that he wants to write, record and release albums quicker so it's definitely possible. I have been expecting late 2009, early 2010 though. Maybe that will still be the case. :)

And again, hopefully more tunes like Quite Free and Chinese Blues i agree. :) A bit more to them. I would love more music on the new album too. Instead of an Andy solo or something (which is still great of course), a whole band moment. That's why i love those 2 songs. The music is brilliant. :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 1:32 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

I would love more music on the new album too. Instead of an Andy solo or something (which is still great of course), a whole band moment. That's why i love those 2 songs. The music is brilliant. :)

Now that's a good idea. :)

Fran
Fran Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 11:38 AM Quote
This is a misquote. I cant remember saying this about having album 7 ready by december...there are no songs written for album 7. We are concntrating on j. smith tour just now.
Adieu

elodie
elodie Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 11:43 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
This is a misquote. I cant remember saying this about having album 7 ready by december...there are no songs written for album 7. We are concntrating on j. smith tour just now.
Adieu

awww Fran... Adieu?! This is so sad :(

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 12:08 PM Quote
Thanks Fran. I was pretty sure that was the case, even though I let myself get excited. lol

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 12:17 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Adieu

Thanks for clearing that up Fran! I knew that this must have been a mistake by the French...

Anyways take care and please promote the Song To Self single loads!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 12:41 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I'd prefer them to take time to write the more epic tunes like Quite Free and Chinese Blues etc rather than the simple ones like Get Up and Something Anthing.

But Something Anything rocks!! That guitar solo is certainly epic. :P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 12:51 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
I'd prefer them to take time to write the more epic tunes like Quite Free and Chinese Blues etc rather than the simple ones like Get Up and Something Anthing.

But Something Anything rocks!! That guitar solo is certainly epic. :P

Yeah, it's pretty good. ;) I love the way you hear Andy's guitar kick in and Franny's voice and on that moment, it really does merge the 2. Really cool. Still, it's only 2:20. I've said before that I'd like it more with a bit more meat on it. Maybe after Andy's solo a whole band rock out moment, big drums, screaming guitar, thrashy woo hoo moment. Fran says Ode has no fat, he's right, but you can never have too much meat. ;)

akanksha
akanksha Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 1:03 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Adieu

Knew Fran would pop in to clear the doubt. :P Have fun on the rest of the tour!

ayana
ayana Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 3:33 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
This is a misquote. I cant remember saying this about having album 7 ready by december...there are no songs written for album 7.

See what I meant about this site?
They can't write properly, they have no taste in music (Travis are one of the few exceptions) and they even invent some parts of their interviews! lol.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 28 Nov, 2008 9:23 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
Adieu

a very beautiful word of our so poetic language...impossible to translate without losing all its beauty.

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Sat 29 Nov, 2008 1:55 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
Adieu

Mm, that's what I thought.
The traductor was probably half-asleep.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times UTC Current Time 9:33 AM