Travis

Re: Last film you saw
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 08 Feb, 2012 8:07 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
he disguises himself as a tramp to find out what's it's like to have hard times.

I assume this is the old timey/British definition there of?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 08 Feb, 2012 9:43 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
he disguises himself as a tramp to find out what's it's like to have hard times.

Ha ha, yes. Like a hobo.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 08 Feb, 2012 9:51 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Ha ha, yes. Like a hobo.

Did he have a hobo stick?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 09 Feb, 2012 12:05 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Did he have a hobo stick?

Yes, he did.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 09 Feb, 2012 12:10 AM Quote
Yeah that 's a great one

rella
rella Posted Thu 09 Feb, 2012 3:13 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1574458569429&id=1ee216bf4f146264aa1e6f244a8dbb0f

A Very Long Engagement

We didn't know it when we got it, this is a French movie with English subtitles. It was interesting enough; a girl was told her fiance was killed in the war, but she doesn't believe it. She hires a private detective and searches for him. Lo and behold, she discovers that he really is alive. But he has amnesia. Oh, dear. She goes to see him at the end of the movie. *SPOILER ALERT* "She looks at him. She looks at him. She looks at him." The end.

THE END???? She looks at him and that's the END? Oh, gee, that's what I've been waiting for for over two hours! (At first I typed 3 hours, because that's what it felt like, but upon looking it up, it was 2 hours, 13 min.)

A very pretty movie. Pretty star. Cute boy. Jodi Foster is in it speaking French. Jodi Foster is in it having graphic sex. If you like foreign films with unsatisfying endings, this is for you. She looks at him, the end.

peut-être il signifie rien n'importe qui peut faire, d'une part, c'était elle qui a fait tout pour lui trouver, quoi qu'il en soit, s'il y a quelque chose entre eux, il peut reprendre, parce que le bon fortune est leur destin.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 09 Feb, 2012 7:55 PM Quote
We Need To Talk About Kevin

I went to see it expecting to love it. I generally find such subjects very interesting and I do like SWINTON (KLM, you get the capitals here ;). Unfortunately, I was really disappointed. It is very...pretentious. It tries really hard to be artistic. I don't get the current obsession with non-linear storytelling. Lack of chronology doesn't automatically make your movie ambitious. The acting was good, I'll give them that. The story itself is a mix of Van Sant's 'Elephant' (which I loved) with 'Omen' (which I loved). But...it's neither artsy enough nor provides anything new to the teen violence discussion. On the contrary, I feel like it trivialises it. The finale annoyed me - *SPOILER ALERT* wasn't a regular shooting hipster enough for the director? */SPOILER ALERT*

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 09 Feb, 2012 9:45 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
SWINTON (KLM, you get the capitals here ;).

!!!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 09 Feb, 2012 10:07 PM Quote
Hey Meg ever see KIDS or Bully ?

mili
mili Posted Sat 11 Feb, 2012 1:38 PM Quote
King's Speech

Yes, I know I'm well behind, but I just saw it for the first time on telly yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyable.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 12 Feb, 2012 2:03 AM Quote
mili wrote:
King's Speech

Yes, I know I'm well behind, but I just saw it for the first time on telly yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyable.

good girl. Did you enjoy the swear bit? It is my personal favourite.

mili
mili Posted Sun 12 Feb, 2012 8:57 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
mili wrote:
King's Speech

good girl. Did you enjoy the swear bit? It is my personal favourite.

Oh, yes :^)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 13 Feb, 2012 12:17 AM Quote
Been awhile since I read it kinda forgot it's a dark story

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e2_DYHb9px0/TaZpMoUeUrI/AAAAAAAABOc/Pbp1Hp2o9lY/s1600/big0099554569.jpg

Soundtrack was great by Jonny Greenwood

snippit

trailer

mili
mili Posted Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:21 PM Quote
A Single Man was on the cable last night. I know, I just don't go to see films at the cinema anymore, just wait for a couple of years to see them on the cable or one more to see them on the national TV…

Anyways, Colin Firth was pretty good again.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 20 Feb, 2012 11:22 PM Quote
Never ever was able to get through this untill today

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/74/Ben_hur_1959_poster.jpg

Pages Previous 1...77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:25 AM