Travis

Re: Last film you saw
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 19 Jan, 2012 7:31 PM Quote
http://0.tqn.com/d/classicfilm/1/0/J/D/-/-/made_each_other.jpg

Made for Each Other starring Carole Lombard and James Stewart
This movie surprised me because they actually had real problems that got quite serious toward the end. Quite a good movie. The ending was a bit abrupt. Black & white.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 26 Jan, 2012 12:58 AM Quote
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OYXm5rwHgws/Tq8SmgyYV4I/AAAAAAAACR8/3KeLjnWyH5s/s1600/12%2BAngry%2BMen.jpeg
Twelve Angry Men

Twelve jurors on a murder trial. Eleven vote guilty, one votes not guilty. He slowly convinces the others that the defendant may not be guilty. Takes place in one room, so it's more of a thinking movie than an action movie. I liked it. In the picture, the guy whose face is partially hidden, standing to our left of Henry Fonda, he's the guy who was the voice of Piglet. And a young Jack Klugman in the front...Oscar, Oscar, Oscar (for those who remember the Odd Couple series--probably just me and Ric).

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 26 Jan, 2012 2:08 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OYXm5rwHgws/Tq8SmgyYV4I/AAAAAAAACR8/3KeLjnWyH5s/s1600/12%2BAngry%2BMen.jpeg
Twelve Angry Men

Twelve jurors on a murder trial. Eleven vote guilty, one votes not guilty. He slowly convinces the others that the defendant may not be guilty. Takes place in one room, so it's more of a thinking movie than an action movie. I liked it. In the picture, the guy whose face is partially hidden, standing to our left of Henry Fonda, he's the guy who was the voice of Piglet. And a young Jack Klugman in the front...Oscar, Oscar, Oscar (for those who remember the Odd Couple series--probably just me and Ric).

I've seen the 90s version with Jack Lemmon and loved it. Also, there is a Veronica Mars episode based on it :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 26 Jan, 2012 7:02 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Twelve Angry Men

Excellent movie, I think it's also a good story as I feel Henry Fonda's carachter doesn't set out to prove the young guy's innocence but is just dismayed that the others find him guilty so easily. There has been a stage show in Dublin, think it sold out for weeks, I rember reading somewhere that the used drumsticks and sheets of corugated iron to make the sound of the rain.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 26 Jan, 2012 1:47 PM Quote
There is one part that just cracked us up. When the guy in the loud suit and summer hat throws a ball of paper at the fan and it hits the hold man in the head and he says, "That was a damn stupid thing to do."

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 26 Jan, 2012 3:01 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
There is one part that just cracked us up. When the guy in the loud suit and summer hat throws a ball of paper at the fan and it hits the hold man in the head and he says, "That was a damn stupid thing to do."

I actually own it on DVD, I bought it because the girl I was seeing at the time had never actually watched it, might bang it on when I get home.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 03 Feb, 2012 12:45 AM Quote
FRENZY- Hitchcock...I feel unwashed

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 03 Feb, 2012 2:09 AM Quote
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/54/The-Philadelphia-Story-(1940).jpg/220px-The-Philadelphia-Story-(1940).jpg

I love everything about this movie! Bonus points for James Stewart drunkenly singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow and Cary Grant saying "Hello, friends and enemies!" which was awesome. For some reason I am always surprised when a movie this old (72 years!) makes me genuinely laugh. Oh, and I want to own most of Ruth Hussey's clothes from this one.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 03 Feb, 2012 3:46 AM Quote
And what about the OTHER movie you watched today?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 03 Feb, 2012 1:45 PM Quote
Which was...? If you mean the epic awesomeness that is Girls Just Want to Have Fun, it was one day before :P
Or do you mean OTH which is NOT a movie?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 03 Feb, 2012 7:07 PM Quote
The Phildadelphia Story is on my list.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 03 Feb, 2012 7:51 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Which was...? If you mean the epic awesomeness that is Girls Just Want to Have Fun, it was one day before :P
Or do you mean OTH which is NOT a movie?

I meant Girls Just Want to Have Fun. Why not recap that for us :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 03 Feb, 2012 11:44 PM Quote
megg who is your avatar ?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 04 Feb, 2012 3:18 PM Quote
Audrey Hepburn

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 04 Feb, 2012 8:15 PM Quote
Water for Elephants.

Ummm, no. Well, Christopher Waltz delights me but wow, Pattinson should give up because he just can't act at all! I actually suspect he's made of cardboard.

Oh, and how are circuses still legal? So creepy and cruel.

Pages Previous 1...75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:59 PM