Travis

Re: Last film you saw
hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 26 Oct, 2011 6:17 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Why did you do that? That doesn't seem very Gosia-like. And you live in London.

News flash: I like baseball! It's one of the very few sports I actually enjoy playing, too. I'm not crazy excited about it or anything, but if I come a across it on tv, I watch with pleasure. And, as you can see, I don't go to bed early anyways.

really!? I didn't know that at all! Is there much baseball in Poland?
Linds, have you seen Moneyball? No M's but you get baseball so you would like it. I got nerd excited when they showed Billy Koch, who is a former Blue Jay.

I re-watched Invictus last night too, which is still great. All it is missing is a slow clap.

No, I haven't seen Moneyball yet, but I want to.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 28 Oct, 2011 8:57 AM Quote
http://fc2.funcheapsf.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/On-the-Waterfront-pic1-e1315273355502-250x285.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51A0roAL0WL._SX500_.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f6/Guys_and_dolls_movieposter.jpg/220px-Guys_and_dolls_movieposter.jpg

I have a bit of an obsession with a young Marlon Brando at the moment, lol. All are great movies. I had seen Guys and Dolls and A Streetcar Named Desire before, and I watched On The Waterfront last night.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 28 Oct, 2011 1:48 PM Quote
Last night I saw "The Blob" starring Steven McQueen. It was GREAT! How could the movie be bad with a theme song like that one?

Since I am also a 50's buff, there was a lot of background things to appreciate. The cars, the clothing, the super-low prices at the grocery store, and the midnight movie that cost 80 cents! The wall calendars all said June 1957. Very cool movie.

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1020/259146.1020.A.jpg

Sorry so big!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 29 Oct, 2011 2:36 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
thewishlist wrote:
The Rebound.
Rubbish, of course, but now I've got another star crush. It's getting seriously pathetic, lol.

Justin Bartha? Don't feel bad, he's hot ;)

I watched Holy Rollers and it was the first movie in which I saw Justin Bartha actually acting, not only being the pretty boy. And he was really good. The movie itself is nothing groundbreaking but it's interesting and well played.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 11 Nov, 2011 5:26 PM Quote
http://getoleo.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/in-time.jpg?w=490

Cool movie...i think the actress looks like someone here

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 17 Nov, 2011 12:32 AM Quote
Crazy Stupid Love - boy I needed it. It's hilarious. Hilarious. I really think Ryan Gosling ruined the whole generation of women (and some men too, I would guess) for other men.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 19 Nov, 2011 2:18 PM Quote
Saw J edgar...couldn't help but have lilly tomlin in my head , but Wow .

lilly tomlin

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 21 Nov, 2011 1:49 PM Quote
I've decided to start watching movies I always hear about but have never seen. So far, I've watched "St. Elmo's Fire" and yesterday "Caddy Shack." Neither lived up to the hype.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 21 Nov, 2011 2:17 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Crazy Stupid Love - boy I needed it. It's hilarious. Hilarious. I really think Ryan Gosling ruined the whole generation of women (and some men too, I would guess) for other men.

I wanted to wait for the DVD, but then I read this and I really really really needed something to cheer me up, so, today, I watched it.

AWESOME is all I can say. The movie, and RG, of course. And yes, he so ruined our generation (most women and some men).

It's actually kind of sad when you think about it (I mean the situation, not the movie)... no... not thinking about it, don't want to be sad... buy OMG that scene was photoshopped, right? Right? ;)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 21 Nov, 2011 5:16 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I've decided to start watching movies I always hear about but have never seen. So far, I've watched "St. Elmo's Fire" and yesterday "Caddy Shack." Neither lived up to the hype.

Try Basquiat

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 24 Nov, 2011 1:43 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:

I wanted to wait for the DVD, but then I read this and I really really really needed something to cheer me up, so, today, I watched it.

AWESOME is all I can say. The movie, and RG, of course. And yes, he so ruined our generation (most women and some men).

It's actually kind of sad when you think about it (I mean the situation, not the movie)... no... not thinking about it, don't want to be sad... buy OMG that scene was photoshopped, right? Right? ;)

Yeah, if you think about it, the storyline is actually pretty heavy but somehow it's told in such a light funny way! Haha, I hope it was photoshopped! Otherwise, let's all just give up on life, we won't get RG anyway. Damn you, Canada and your hot children.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 27 Nov, 2011 1:35 PM Quote
Continuing my RG phase, I watched Drive. Ummm...I...I don't know. It confused me. I'm not sure I got this movie. I'm not even sure I liked it. Sidenote: wow, it's violent!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 27 Nov, 2011 2:23 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Damn you, Canada and your hot children.

why thank you :P

And Meggy McGee, you know darn well that RG is not a phase. RG for life. That should be a tshirt. I'm also going to make one in for C Firth (remember when I hugged his bomber jacket?).

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 27 Nov, 2011 3:52 PM Quote
You're welcome (imagine this being said in Awkward's Sadie's voice).

That is true, RG for life. Ha, of course I remember! Well awksome that was.

Edit: I just watched 'He's Just Not That Into You' for a 4th time - I know I'm in a minority here (ok, I'm the only one) but I love this movie. I don't get all the hate it gets - I mean, come on, Justin Long ends up *spoiler alert* with Ginnifer Goodwin! It's a match made in heaven!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 29 Nov, 2011 11:37 PM Quote
American Graffiti.

Well hello there, my new favourite.

Pages Previous 1...71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:59 AM