Travis

Re: Last film you saw
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 13 Mar, 2011 12:29 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

kinda agree ....39 steps ,LIFEBOAT !!!!! . You see those yet ?

I saw Lifeboat a long time ago. I don't know if we've seen The 39 Steps or not. I don't think so. Tonight will be "The Trouble With Harry."

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:12 AM Quote
My theatre did The 39 Steps in the fall. It is on here in London as well.
I saw Showgirls on Saturday. Yes, Showgirls. Found on VHS in my friends flat, taped off the tv. Should just call the movie BOOBS and be done with it. So endlessly ridiculous.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 18 Mar, 2011 12:55 PM Quote
My husband's boss had some kind of promotional copy of The King's Speech on DVD, so we watched it last night. Very good. Interesting throughout, never got boring, right length, good acting. The wife had cool shoes.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 18 Mar, 2011 1:47 PM Quote
That wall was bad ass

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 20 Mar, 2011 3:40 PM Quote
Loads of flesh, that's about it, supposed to be a comedy but not very funny.

http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/101.jpg

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 20 Mar, 2011 5:40 PM Quote
I saw 'Let Me In' recently- it's not for everyone (one of my friends refused to watch it after the first 15 minutes) but I really liked it. Chloe Moretz is amazing in it- I've loved this girl since 'Kick-Ass' where she was unbelievably awesome.

Also 'Never Let Me Go'- again, liked it, although I'm pretty sure a lot of people would find it boring. It's an odd sad movie with a rather scary vision of the world.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 20 Mar, 2011 5:48 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I saw 'Let Me In' recently- it's not for everyone (one of my friends refused to watch it after the first 15 minutes) but I really liked it. Chloe Moretz is amazing in it- I've loved this girl since 'Kick-Ass' where she was unbelievably awesome.

Also 'Never Let Me Go'- again, liked it, although I'm pretty sure a lot of people would find it boring. It's an odd sad movie with a rather scary vision of the world.

Is that the one about the kid who befriends a vampire kid ?

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Sun 20 Mar, 2011 5:49 PM Quote
Oh, Dubz, not "10"!
I was too young to see it when it came out (not that I really wanted to), but I remember the effect Bo Derek's hairstyle had on girls, everybody had to have small pleats and beads.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 20 Mar, 2011 6:09 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Oh, Dubz, not "10"!
I was too young to see it when it came out (not that I really wanted to), but I remember the effect Bo Derek's hairstyle had on girls, everybody had to have small pleats and beads.

It really is just Dudley Moore being a self indulgent arse, Watching Striptease at the moment, not good. Full review will be posted when it finishes (if I make it to the end).

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 20 Mar, 2011 6:40 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Yup. Thankfully it's not 'Twilight' style!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:00 PM Quote
Utter shite, did whomever screenplayed this abomination even talk to Hiaassen, I've read most of his books and he has an uncanny ability to describe the dregs and fuckwits of society, this film manages to capture none of that, not to mention totally changing the ending. This movie as you can probably see from the DVD cover is simply a vehicle for Demi Moore to get her tits oot and get a load of publicity, seriously Armand Asante, Ving Rhames, Burt fucking Reynolds don't even get billing on the DVD Cover/Film Posters.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0TktuxrQiOk/TN3WuIqCtUI/AAAAAAAAALE/dZisHTxsdyA/s1600/StripteaseAdult_1996.jpg

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:05 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Yup. Thankfully it's not 'Twilight' style!

I wanna see that, I think I remember a pretty dark animation from when I was a kid along the same lines.

Dubz

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:25 PM Quote
the truman show - hadn't seen it in ages, still kinda disturbing. especially the last scene.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 21 Mar, 2011 3:18 PM Quote
Saw "The Trouble With Harry" last night. One of Hitchcock's few comedies. A body is found and several people feel they are to blame for his death. It was just ok. Not laugh out loud kind of comedy. More...amuzing, I guess is a good word for it. Stars a very young Shirley Maclaine looking cute as a button and John Fosythe with black hair.
Movie Trailer

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 24 Mar, 2011 10:27 PM Quote
Utter Crap, supposed to be a stylish "caper" movie. It's crap Brad & George waltz right through the film doing what they like, they encounter an obstacle and someone says it's fixed, that's it. No plot, no twists (well one or two that you can see coming a mile off). Eddie Izzard is crap in it, in fact all the supporting cast are shit.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ifCXS-dsx6Y/TPr2OnX5vzI/AAAAAAAADo8/8PvDywBSLd0/s1600/oceans%2Bthirteen.jpg

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:17 PM