Travis

Re: Last film you saw
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 9:12 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Very good, well Jean Reno is in it so it must be, Vincent Cassel is also excellent, It's like se7en in places, murders where clue leads to the next body. Personally I think a some of the action could have been left out making it an out and out thriller rather than part action movie, In French with English subtitles, there is probably a fair bit lost in translation, subtle nuances and whatnot, I would recommend seriously just perservere with the subtitles.

http://www.horreur.net/img/rivieres-pourpres-1-aff.jpg

Dubz

totally read that as Janet Reno

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 1:16 PM Quote
I read it as Janet Reno, too!

Ok, Bourne Ultimatum was my favorite of the 3.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 1:42 PM Quote
Who is Janet Reno ?!?

I actually thought the third Bourne was a bit too convoluted for it's own good but I did like the way it ties the whole story together. My favourite is still the first, the scene in the park when he still hasn't figured out who he is but disarms the cops, I think it's cool that he is frightened by his own abilities he doesn't know he has.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 1:48 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Who is Janet Reno ?!?

Janet Reno is a former US Attorney General. She was often the butt of jokes because of her looks. She was portrayed on Saturday Night Live by Will Ferrell.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 4:22 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
just perservere with the subtitles.

I find this very funny. People in Argentina are very, very used to seeing films with subtitles. Most of the films we get are in English (thanks to "globalisation"), and then we get quite a few French and Italian movies (and less from other places), so I've been watching films with subtitles since I was 10 or so. :oP
There are some dubbed movies (mostly those made for kids), but I hate dubbed movies, so unless they are in Spanish, I always watch films with subtitles. I can watch films in English without subtitles, but theatres don't screen any film in a foreign language without them.

I saw Billy Elliot again the other night.
I liked the Bourne films, they're entertaining. :oP

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 5:54 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
just perservere with the subtitles.

I find this very funny. People in Argentina are very, very used to seeing films with subtitles. Most of the films we get are in English (thanks to "globalisation"), and then we get quite a few French and Italian movies (and less from other places), so I've been watching films with subtitles since I was 10 or so. :oP
There are some dubbed movies (mostly those made for kids), but I hate dubbed movies, so unless they are in Spanish, I always watch films with subtitles. I can watch films in English without subtitles, but theatres don't screen any film in a foreign language without them.

I saw Billy Elliot again the other night.
I liked the Bourne films, they're entertaining. :oP

I remember buying La Femme Nikita and sticking it in my dvd player and it being horribly dubbed in American accented English, luckily that was just the settings and I could watch it in the original French with English subtitles.

I think films tend to lose something when dubbed, Crouching Tiger, Citade de Deus, etc. and it's not just foreign language films there are a few films with Scots accents that have been dubbed over the years.

Dubz

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 2:32 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Who is Janet Reno ?!?

I actually thought the third Bourne was a bit too convoluted for it's own good but I did like the way it ties the whole story together. My favourite is still the first, the scene in the park when he still hasn't figured out who he is but disarms the cops, I think it's cool that he is frightened by his own abilities he doesn't know he has.

Dubz

I agree. I like the first one the best. When my sister and I saw it at the theater, after that scene we were like, "Dude, that was awesome".

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 3:27 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Crap, sorta Hostel type thingy horror, but in the end just sh!t. Turned it off with about half an hour to go, really unusual for me.

Dubz

ETA: also released as "Turistas"

Just thought you'd like to know that Turista is what the French call that horrible tummy bug you pick up on holiday. Seems appropriate compared to the film :)

turista is also deogratory slang for tourists at times , or someone driving in front of you looking lost

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 4:30 AM Quote
http://www.screaming.idv.tw/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/black-swan-cracked-poster.jpg
Finally!!

A-MAZING
Just perfest

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 3:11 PM Quote
http://www.impawards.com/2010/posters/get_low.jpg

Get Low
It was really good. Nice story. Reading the plot, I thought it would be a comedy, but it isn't. There are some funny parts (because of Bill Murray), but it really is more of a drama. Robert DuVall is excellent, he didn't overdo it.
Sorry about the ginormous picture.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 3:27 PM Quote
daytimeoyster wrote:
http://www.screaming.idv.tw/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/black-swan-cracked-poster.jpg
Finally!!

A-MAZING
Just perfest

I thought wynonna ryder was a bit of miscasting ....but overall fine movie

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 10:47 AM Quote
Nowhere near as good as Lebowski or Oh Brother but it has it's moments, if you can handle Nicholas Cage hamming up the Southern drawl.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51SRGMP0P4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 5:07 PM Quote
I saw a movie last night that I had been curious about. It was so bad that I won't even tell you what it was. Truthfully the worst movie I've ever seen. I stuck with it until the end, hoping it would get better, but it didn't. What a waste of 108 minutes.

P.S. It was even worse than Gangs of New York, which was up until now, my least favorite movie ever.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 5:16 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I saw a movie last night that I had been curious about. It was so bad that I won't even tell you what it was. Truthfully the worst movie I've ever seen. I stuck with it until the end, hoping it would get better, but it didn't. What a waste of 108 minutes.

P.S. It was even worse than Gangs of New York, which was up until now, my least favorite movie ever.

go on, tell us! Save us from finding out ourselves. Wouldnt want anyone else to suffer, would you?
Is there a worst movies you have ever seen thread? Should I start one?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 5:29 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

go on, tell us! Save us from finding out ourselves. Wouldnt want anyone else to suffer, would you?
Is there a worst movies you have ever seen thread? Should I start one?

I agree, Tell Us !!!

Yeah start a crappy movie thread, be interesting to see... maybe some one will think it brilliant but some one else will think it's Gick.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:25 AM