Travis

Re: Last film you saw
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 22 Jan, 2011 11:08 PM Quote
I just saw "Date Night." It wasn't very good. There are a couple of funny lines if you happen to be a middle aged person with children, but if you aren't, you won't get it.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 12:47 AM Quote
'Social Network'. It's a well made decent movie and I enjoyed it. Good acting (oh Andrew Garfield, where have you been my whole life?). But why all the hype? I don't get it.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 11:16 PM Quote
Cut Killer - Nique La Police

http://dev.thetenderblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/la-haine.jpg

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 3:56 PM Quote
We watched most of Casablanca last night. Got too sleepy to finish. (Seen it a dozen times anyway.) But we noticed there is hardly a scene in the movie where someone isn't drinking and/or smoking.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 5:02 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I really I liked it a lot but it gives you chills especially if you happen to meet people online (*coughs*andyouactuallygoonyourowntoParistomeetthem*coughs*).

Haha, I have to watch it then!

Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Getting right into Scandanavian Thriller Noir at the moment.

Ah, me too. I'm quite a fan of Henning Mankell's Wallander books, so I've watched both Wallander series (Swedish and British). The Swedish one focuses more on the characters and the British one sticks more to the books.
I've watched the first two Millenium films as I finished reading the Stieg Larsson trilogy last year. I liked them, the first one is better than the second one. And there's not even one character that looks anything like I imagine them. Still, I think the books are far better than the films. I'm going to watch the third one next weekend.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 5:20 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Ah, me too. I'm quite a fan of Henning Mankell's Wallander books, so I've watched both Wallander series (Swedish and British). The Swedish one focuses more on the characters and the British one sticks more to the books.
I've watched the first two Millenium films as I finished reading the Stieg Larsson trilogy last year. I liked them, the first one is better than the second one. And there's not even one character that looks anything like I imagine them. Still, I think the books are far better than the films. I'm going to watch the third one next weekend.

Haven't seen the Swedish version of Wallander yet as I'm waiting for someone to show it from the beginning, have watched the first series of the UK version, it's not bad.

Saw the first two Millenium films before reading the books, Haven't had the chance to see the third it was only in the cinema for a couple of weeks and the person I wanted to watch it with was unavailable to do so. I've read all three books and will wait till it comes out on DVD to see it (possibly all of them together again)

The Danish thing I watched the other night was excellent but it's over 20 episodes, and I only watched the first two, if you want to keep your eyes open for it, it's called Forbrydelsen (The Killing), It's very well written and the characters are excellent.

Dubz

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 5:32 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Haven't seen the Swedish version of Wallander yet as I'm waiting for someone to show it from the beginning, have watched the first series of the UK version, it's not bad.

Saw the first two Millenium films before reading the books, Haven't had the chance to see the third it was only in the cinema for a couple of weeks and the person I wanted to watch it with was unavailable to do so. I've read all three books and will wait till it comes out on DVD to see it (possibly all of them together again)

The Danish thing I watched the other night was excellent but it's over 20 episodes, and I only watched the first two, if you want to keep your eyes open for it, it's called Forbrydelsen (The Killing), It's very well written and the characters are excellent.

Dubz

I just checked on IMDB and found out that they're doing more episodes of Swedish Wallander. I've only seen the first 13 episodes. After that they stopped making more and it seems they've been making new episodes again in the last couple of years. We only got the first 13 in Argentina. Hopefully we'll get the new ones soon.
I really liked the UK version. It's quite good.

I'm watching the Millenium films on DVD, since they're no longer in the cinema.

Thanks for the info on that Danish production. Sounds interesting. I'm guessing it won't be easy to find, but I'll see what I can do.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:17 AM Quote
http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/wp-content/uploads/Biutiful.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 29 Jan, 2011 3:12 AM Quote
If you have seen and liked the King's Speech, and have a heart, you should find this to be adorable. I've watched it 4 times and "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" everytime.

kids act out the kings speech

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 29 Jan, 2011 6:42 AM Quote
Cute!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 31 Jan, 2011 7:44 PM Quote

I saw the third Millenium film on Saturday. It was the worst of the trilogy for me. I know some stories in the book are too long or complicated and need to be adapted when you're making a movie, but still, some of the things they changed and added go against "the nature" of some of the characters. The book is waaay better in this case.

I heard there's going to be a Hollywood version of the Millenium trilogy?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 10:11 AM Quote
From imdb,

You just know it's gonna be shit, Daniel Craig as Mikael Blomqvist, he's too young, he's also far too clean, Mikael is a coffee drinking, hard smoking, boozehound journalist. I'm glad they've a relatively unknown playing Salander but again typical Hollywood, she's too good looking, Salander is supposed to be a rebel, who's lived on the streets. It really is gonna be Shite, they'll change the whole thing and it will all end really happily.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 4:33 PM Quote
Nanny NcPhee Returns

Cute, but not as good as the first Nanny McPhee movie.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 5:06 PM Quote
Watching...

http://moviesoftheday.com/upload/covers/386762/just-cause-cover-3.jpg

It's really heavy on the right/wrong morals and ethics, like a lot of American films, but it is entertaining I suppose. It's also very dated (1995) I suppose that's also why it takes the moral high ground. The world has moved on since then. Things aren't as Black and White (excuse the pun), there is a lot of grey. I'm not saying that racism is right just that there can be underlying factors involved on both sides (not that there should be any "side" per se). I mean since the whole Just Cause, Mississippi Burning type films we've had things like American History X & Do the Right Thing, which in my opinion are more about society rather than a "black" or "white" thing. I really enjoyed Crash as a movie but the constant ramming of racism down the viewers throat IMO took away from the brilliant film it is. Society doesn't always need to be told, sometimes less is more and IMO suggestion works a lot better than order.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 5:21 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
From imdb,

You just know it's gonna be shit, Daniel Craig as Mikael Blomqvist, he's too young, he's also far too clean, Mikael is a coffee drinking, hard smoking, boozehound journalist. I'm glad they've a relatively unknown playing Salander but again typical Hollywood, she's too good looking, Salander is supposed to be a rebel, who's lived on the streets. It really is gonna be Shite, they'll change the whole thing and it will all end really happily.

Dubz

Isn't Blomqvist supposed to be not that fit, too (if I remember right)? And yes, Lisbeth is not supposed to be good looking. Hollywood rarely gets these things right, you just can't have ugly or even plain main characters.

Pages Previous 1...50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:07 AM