Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 5:15 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Ale, on the other hand, has to do some extra paperwork. She was quite upset, poor Ale.

did they find out that she is the evil twin?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 6:11 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Ale, on the other hand, has to do some extra paperwork. She was quite upset, poor Ale.

I'm afraid so.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 6:34 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I'm afraid so.

It's terrible when they find out your dark secrets. I fear Nikki and I may never be able to travel out of the country again, now that they have our record on file.

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 6:41 PM Quote
You can all come to Copenhagen n drown yer sorrows. Kayte, think positively, they might be happy to see the back of ye. Trick them by not buying a return ticket

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 6:45 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I'm afraid so.

It's terrible when they find out your dark secrets. I fear Nikki and I may never be able to travel out of the country again, now that they have our record on file.

Thank God Texas is part of the US again so you can come see me.

Today instead of a black eye I have a yellow eye. Also bruising around my mouth. I do look like I could be a She-Devil recovering from a typical weekend.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 6:57 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Thank God Texas is part of the US again so you can come see me.

Today instead of a black eye I have a yellow eye. Also bruising around my mouth. I do look like I could be a She-Devil recovering from a typical weekend.

They still have to let us on the plane. I wonder how dangerous they think we are?

Your eye sounds like an Everlasting Gobstopper. Every time you look, it's a different color.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 7:14 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Your eye sounds like an Everlasting Gobstopper. Every time you look, it's a different color.

Also, to add insult to injury, on Sunday I was at the store with the kids and was letting Aidan steer the cart. He accidentally rammed it so hard into my heel I almost fell over and started crying. So I also have a huge lump and bruise there.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 7:48 PM Quote
You better make the last couple of posts meaningful before this thread gets locked (not in the good way) due to being 150 pages long.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 8:48 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Also, to add insult to injury, on Sunday I was at the store with the kids and was letting Aidan steer the cart. He accidentally rammed it so hard into my heel I almost fell over and started crying. So I also have a huge lump and bruise there.

I did the same thing to myself with a cart at work yesterday. I was pulling it behind me and rammed it into my heel. There is a cut and bruise. We can be heel injury buddies.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:49 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

LOL!!!

Well, I'm going to use my last post in this thread to express my joy because the sentence of seven military men who worked in one of the biggest concentration camps in Argentina has just been announced. And they are going to jail between 17 and 25 years.
One of the men who was being judged for crimes against humanity was the last dictator (there were four different "presidents" during the last dictatorship). He was sentenced to 25 years of common prison. It's the first time since the trials of 1985 and the pardon laws (which were declared null and unconstitutional a few years ago) that one of the dictators is convicted.
So these men, who kidnapped, tortured, murdered and disappeared almost 4000 people in that concentration camp will have to spend their last years rotting in jail. They all requested home detention because they're over 80. Home detention?? Are you kidding me?? After all you've done?? You can kiss my ass!!!!! Rot in jail.

I'm delighted. This is a very important day for Argentina.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 20 Apr, 2010 11:21 PM Quote
why is this your last post in this thread? Are you never coming back? Don't leave me Juli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 21 Apr, 2010 1:40 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
why is this your last post in this thread? Are you never coming back? Don't leave me Juli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Kristy remember TWT said that once a thread hits 150 pages they are going to lock it. They said this will help the speed of our turtle board. So don't worry, Juli isn't leaving you.

Juli that is great news. Sounds like long overdue justice served.

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Wed 21 Apr, 2010 3:28 PM Quote
well this is gonna be my first post. i just feel that you guys would most probably sympathize.

what's my news? thing is, im from the Philippines so we kinda have our own music and sorts and only the big acts can penetrate, and by big i mean-- mostly pop and those who have proven to crack and shake America. Travis have never been so popular but I remember in high school, I still managed to buy The Invisible Band from a litlle record store in a small province where I lived. I became a fan instantly.

I went to college, life went shaky and all, and next thing I know, Im done with my 5-year course and am crazy looking for a job. Then just a few months ago, I was going through my old things and I read a note stating my birthday wishlist. I saw that one was the Boy with No Name album (which no one bought for me).. so anyhows, it dawned on me how I totally forgot this band which quite filled my whole wavy highschool and college ssoundtrack. so obviously, my next immediate step was to go and buy it. i checked Travis first online, and saw that i actually already missed 4(!!!!) records from the band! so then i was more stoked to buy me the records...

imagine my surprise (and disappointment) when the sales ladies in the record bars i visited in two big malls in Manila did not even know what Travis is. They went like Travis WHo? what exactly are you looking for? I would even understand if they went like, oh, we no longer keep stock of those they don't quite sell well.. but to not even know?! To not even have heard of them?? I was like, I see you got muse here, and snow patrol, and keane... you sure you don't know Travis? how many years have I missed, really?

Today.. everyday.. on my way home from work i would still check out a new store and hope they got em there.. but yep, still to no avail. this is pathetic.

anyways, that's my news... quite sad coz i was planning to go give all my friends a Travis record this year (album depending on their personality) for their birthday..

ah, whatever happened...

CHILENA2006
CHILENA2006 Posted Wed 21 Apr, 2010 3:42 PM Quote
Be welcome!
and don't be sad about the "unknow of Travis"...the important thing is that you know and you like it....
Bwt...my name is Xime, nice to meet you :)
Have a nice day!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 21 Apr, 2010 3:48 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Kristy remember TWT said that once a thread hits 150 pages they are going to lock it. They said this will help the speed of our turtle board. So don't worry, Juli isn't leaving you.

oh yes, and i didnt until just now see Dubz warning that it was approaching.

Pages Previous 1...146 147 148 149 [150] 151 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:06 AM