Travis

Ode is very good, but...
81 Posted Fri 17 Oct, 2008 11:25 PM Quote
Today I have bought the cd and I am disappointed for the quality of the sound:
1) At the end of every song there is a small click.
2) I think that the recording is not perfect: the sound of the songs is a few dark.... , the songs seem a few distant...hmmmmm, damnation, I don't know how to say, I have many problems with the English language!!!
From what I have understood the problem is not alone my, some other person is also complained.
I don't know if I must change the cd. I don't know if every cd have this problem.
I am sad because the songs are very beautiful :-(

Re: Ode is very good, but...
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 17 Oct, 2008 11:58 PM Quote
Well I think three people have mentioned this now, so it seems there must be something wrong with a batch of the albums. Which is really crappy - if three people on the messageboard have mentioned it, how many other people out there are also listening to a really poor quality version of Ode. I think it needs to be looked into...

Out of curiosity, does the bad quality and clicking persist when you rip the music to your computer? I'd be interested to hear what it sounds like, if you could perhaps put it online...

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 12:13 AM Quote
mine desn't have bad quality, or i have a bad ear. But, there's a click at the end. And here one on the store, and that one had that click too.so, i'll wait for my UK version to compare

81 Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 12:37 AM Quote
Well, surely in my cd there is the click at the end of the songs.
About to the quality of the sound... it is not a "terrible" quality, but the others Travis albums have a better quality.

Travis-O-Mally
Travis-O-Mally Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 12:57 AM Quote
Hey all,

I agree fully with this thread, the album is good but the sound is pretty bad compared to any of their other albums, including good feeling...Throw in the boy with no name or the invisible band and do a direct comparison and you'll hear the lack of attention to detail on this album, it just cant be missed...the clicks are apparent on my album too, this is not as big of an issue for me but just the overall sound is so very disappointing, when any of my systems are cranked up to hear the full Travis excperiance, this album certainly disappoints in a large way... I know Travis went back to analog for this recording, but whomever sat at their mixing board, or did the sound engineering should be held accountable, some very bad ears in the studio I tell ya! Don't get me wrong all, i am a huge Travis fan and will always be, but when something is this obvious, it has to be said!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 1:01 AM Quote
I understand your point. It is a rougher sound. You could say it doesn't sound as good. Meaning as clean, and polished. BUT i think that is what makes it sound great. I've said on here previously, before Ode was released i think, that while i love the songs on TBWNN more than on 12 Memories, i love the production of 12 Memories. The production of TBWNN kind of lets it down slightly. A better production and slightly different track listing (less songs for a start) and it could easily have been their best album. Anyway, i'm rambling again, love the production on Ode.

You shouldn't have a clicking sound though. That is a problem but the sound is great! :)

Fran
Fran Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 1:18 AM Quote
Dear all, I feel sad that some of you have purchased from what appears to be a bad batch of albums. The album was cut by Bob Ludwig with great attention placed on leaving dynamic in the final cut, rather than compressing the audio signal which is all the rage these days.
You should take your album back to the place of purchase and ask for a replacement if you are experiencing clicks.

Travis-O-Mally
Travis-O-Mally Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 1:53 AM Quote
thanks for the feedback Fran...Again, don't get me wrong, i do like the album, i don't like the production though...i guess it is all about the type of sound each person likes, this production was just not my cup of tea...to me the best Travis sounds are all about clarity, clean and crisp bass lines and bright and soothing vocals. There is no denying that this album does not do the songs justice as I can only imagine how incredible these tunes will sound live, which i cannot wait to hear. Canada wants you back Fran, Toronto in particular, so please, if you can fit it in your hearts, please come back to Toronto for this tour!

81 Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 2:00 AM Quote
Hi Fran, I will try to change my cd...we will see

winatel
winatel Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 3:44 AM Quote
I listened to Ode on my laptop, turned up the volume...
but I can't hear any clicking sound.
And the quality of sound is quite good....

I guess you got the bad CD...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 6:10 AM Quote
The sound quality is great on my album, it's a rougher sound all around, but I don't think it sounds poor. Maybe the albums that have the clicking also just have poorer sound quality all around because they're faulty? Because mine doesn't have clicking and the sound is great.

Hope all of you can get the good version. It's really worth it. It's a GREAT album.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 9:08 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
Dear all, I feel sad that some of you have purchased from what appears to be a bad batch of albums. The album was cut by Bob Ludwig with great attention placed on leaving dynamic in the final cut, rather than compressing the audio signal which is all the rage these days.
You should take your album back to the place of purchase and ask for a replacement if you are experiencing clicks.

Hey Fran, hope you can answer this:

Mine has that click at the end, sometimes is kind of very annoying, and i was thinking to return it, but then, i went to the store, and heard a litle bit of the CD's they have to listen, and that click was on it too.
So, should i try the times that takes to have a good copy? 'cause on my country i've heard some cases too of clicking :s
If it's so, to return it tomorrow.
Thanks in advance

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 9:41 AM Quote
Fran wrote:

I said this on another thread on the same topic- you copying me Fran???? :)

It's happened to me before on my I am Kloot album. It's a bad batch. It happens. Try an exchange or get a refund and go somewhere else.

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 2:01 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
Fran wrote:

I said this on another thread on the same topic- you copying me Fran???? :)

It's happened to me before on my I am Kloot album. It's a bad batch. It happens. Try an exchange or get a refund and go somewhere else.

Wow,

I read on the other thread that people were complaining about clicking noises, but now it seems that some people aren't liking the production of the album all together!!!??!
I must admit I have really enjoyed the way this album has been produced, although the sound quality is noticably different I think it fits with this album brilliantly.

martina
martina Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 9:39 PM Quote
Honestly, I didn't notice any problem... maybe it's just some copies, maybe my ears have got used to ropey speakers and broken earphones, lol

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:38 PM