Travis

Re: US Date Announced
jasmine
jasmine Posted Sat 08 Nov, 2008 10:46 PM Quote
ANI

I can't go to the Troubadour anymore... you can have my ticket, but I need to get rid of both so would you be able to take both off my hands?

jasmine
jasmine Posted Sat 08 Nov, 2008 10:53 PM Quote
Ani- I sent you a message with my e-mail address and phone number.

castaspella
castaspella Posted Sun 09 Nov, 2008 7:54 AM Quote
If anyone else finds themselves in the same situation as Jasmine please let me know and I will be happy to take your tickets off of your hands :)

caljam
caljam Posted Sun 09 Nov, 2008 10:52 PM Quote
I will gladly take them! And pay for them! And bring you candy.

jdrubin
jdrubin Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 3:36 AM Quote
Hello everyone. First timer to these boards, but a long time Travis fan.

I'm very sorry Troubadour sold out so quick. I know what that is like. I must have gotten very lucky. I sent in a fax as soon as I got the e-mail and got lucky with two tickets.

It looks like my dear friend who also loves Travis is not able to make this show...so guess what, I have an extra ticket.

I certainly want the extra ticket to go to a true Travis fan and I will not stand outside the Troubadour asking for $200 a ticket like some prick.

so I have one ticket to sell but no idea who to sell it to.
So let's have a little contest.

What would you do for this Travis ticket? How much do you want to go? Send me an e-mail and my favorite will be able to buy the extra ticket at face value ($32. extra 2 bucks is troubadour fee)

I'm not going to lie. I have bills to pay and maybe you have some extra cash. I'm not basing my decision on money alone, but hey, if you are offering more than face value, it can't hurt your chances.

But I'm looking at more than money. Maybe you can offer me a fine cigar? Maybe a nice donation to charity? Maybe you want to buy me a nice dinner? Perhaps you have a Swedish single lady friend you'd like to introduce me to? Maybe you can burn me a DVD full of good music? Maybe you can add Leopard to my Powerbook? Perhaps you are willing to wear a duck costume to the show? Maybe you will tap dance in front of the Troubadour? Paint me a beautiful picture? Frame a photograph? Promise to get me into another LA based show in the future? Take me on a date to the movies (Early 20s, single straight guy) Perhaps take me to a Tequila bar. Go for it. Impress me, seduce me, make me cry!

Send me your best pity stories, your best offers, make me laugh or simply tell me why YOU deserve to buy the ticket. If you win, I'll let you know. My tickets are reserved at will call. We'll meet there and it will be yours for face value (unless you win by giving me more money, but again, I'm not just doing this for the money! We'll see what kind of responses I get)

Good luck to everyone else at getting a ticket without spending an arm and a leg!

PM away!

Regards,
J

Ani
Ani Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 8:40 AM Quote
Hi everyone!
It's been a while since I checked in with this board - Jasmine thanks for the shout out! :)

To those without tix, I think there's a great chance of scoring them at the door on Tuesday night. Just a hunch... there are plenty of ticket brokers who did not get the crazy $$ they were asking for! And true fans have to stick together. If I ended up with an extra ticket (hey, you never know!), I'd absolutely sell it for face value too. :)

-Ani

Sharona
Sharona Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 8:55 PM Quote
jdrubin wrote:

I'm very sorry Troubadour sold out so quick. I know what that is like. I must have gotten very lucky. I sent in a fax as soon as I got the e-mail and got lucky with two tickets.

Man...I never thought to fax the Troubadour. What a great idea. I got shut out of tickets that day. Luckily my friend was able to get a pair and is kindly letting me buy her spare.

J, that's a brilliant idea to give away your spare ticket through a contest. Good karma to you for selling it for face value. :) Will you post some of the most amusing answers?

castaspella
castaspella Posted Tue 11 Nov, 2008 1:34 AM Quote
Ani wrote:
To those without tix, I think there's a great chance of scoring them at the door on Tuesday night. Just a hunch... there are plenty of ticket brokers who did not get the crazy $$ they were asking for! And true fans have to stick together. If I ended up with an extra ticket (hey, you never know!), I'd absolutely sell it for face value too. :)

-Ani

You're right! There is a flurry of activity of people trying to "unload" their tickets since no one is buying them at such a high cost! Greedy, greedy, greedy, and at the expense of our guys!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 11 Nov, 2008 3:06 PM Quote
i hope you all can get in

joemono
joemono Posted Tue 11 Nov, 2008 7:01 PM Quote
I managed to get tickets and I am looking forward to the show tonight!

Say Hi, I'll be the guy wearing the Travis shirt.
Yes, that was a joke.

californiagirl
californiagirl Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 12:27 AM Quote
Yay! Sitting in the queue with my Mac Book, stealing wireless...:-P

Really looking forward to the show! :-)

BlueMeanie
BlueMeanie Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 1:13 AM Quote
sharona and I are ten people behind you in line. *waves*

jdrubin
jdrubin Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 8:03 AM Quote
what a fun awesome show. 23 songs, 2 hours.

no one responded to my contest (was really hoping for that Swedish friend) so I sold it to someone on the coachella board.

fantastic show, had a blast. I loved seeing the entire Troubadour including Nic Harcourt (who introduced the band) and his way hot wife/girlfriend/daughter jumping up and down to "Why Does it Always Rain on Me"

goodnight

Ani
Ani Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
Last night was so awesome! I enjoyed meeting all of you and look forward to sharing more amazing Travis times!

Enjoy being on cloud 9 for the rest of the week... I know I will. :)

-Ani

joejoejoe
joejoejoe Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
What an amazing show.....great band, great fans, great vibe!

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:51 PM