Travis

Re: US Date Announced
Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 2:58 AM Quote
hey rainyday, I feel the same way. I've been really tempted to buy just 1 ticket and go alone. I'm going to hold out a little bit longer and see how it goes. I noticed all the tickets on eBay are still sitting there, so maybe that's a good thing. I have a feeling if I see a somewhat decent price ticket I'm going to break down and buy one much to the dismay of my husband. Ha ha

imagana
imagana Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 3:46 AM Quote
I love TRAVIS to pieces, but there is no way I will pay the scalper what they are asking for. I just can't give them profit for something they are doing illegally. It does sucks but I have hope something may turn out right. We'll get tix folks!

jasher
jasher Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 6:42 AM Quote
PLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSEEEE do a second date. I check the site all the time for these announcements and happened to NOT check it this weekend and missed buying tickets... I am such a huge fan and have NEVER missed a concert that has come local. I will be SOOO depressed if I miss it. A second show will sell out as well! PLEASE!!

rainyday
rainyday Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 7:18 AM Quote
to pipestar...

yeah, i have a feeling i will probably break down as well and get 1 :)

i will probably buy one and then another show will be added - that would be my luck!

kristin

Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
I can only hope that another show will be added!

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Ani
Ani Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 1:11 AM Quote
Pipestar - I think that I will go to the Troubadour anyway (if I don't get tix) and hope for a scalper... every show I've been to has had scalpers out front, and they're easier to bargain with on the day of.

We may get lucky and they may release more tix closer to the show... fingers crossed for us all!

curthimy
curthimy Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 5:09 AM Quote
What...no San Francisco date??????? Come on Kermit, the girls from Tour Brittannia wanna see your stuff ;-)

jasmine
jasmine Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 6:38 AM Quote
Pipestar wrote:
They wanted $1,300..wow..that's worse than those bastards on Ebay.

Question is, who the heck is buying these? I'm hoping if we all stay put and don't buy these tickets that eventually they will come down.

Does anyone think there will be anyone outside the Troubadour selling tickets night of the concert?

$1,300?!? WTF. I mean, I love Travis, but I don't love them $1,300 worth. I don't know anyone who would love them $1,300 worth in this economy, haha.

Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 8:02 PM Quote
Ani-

I think I'm going to do the same if I don't get tickets before the 11th. Might as well try to head down there anyway to see what we can find!

rainyday
rainyday Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 9:57 PM Quote
to pipestar & Ani -

i was thinking of going up there as well but i'm from Orange County so if i don't get tix, i'll be so bummed :( its cutting it pretty close.

kristin

slprbear
slprbear Posted Fri 31 Oct, 2008 1:07 AM Quote
COME TO NEW YORK

OtterFreak
OtterFreak Posted Fri 31 Oct, 2008 1:17 PM Quote
I'm looking for one ticket if anyone has a spare to get rid of at regular price.

Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Fri 31 Oct, 2008 4:05 PM Quote
Ani- Any luck yet??

Are you still thinking of going to the Troub that night and looking for tickets?? I think you should.

I broke down and bought one on Ebay. I did notice costs seem to be coming down a little. I really think if you come that night you will be able to find one.

Ani
Ani Posted Fri 31 Oct, 2008 6:22 PM Quote
Thanks for checking in, Pipestar! I'm definitely still going on the day of if I don't get tickets... but I have high hopes for something to work out. It's all about positive thinking ;)

I'm so happy that you got tickets! It's been hard for me to resist the urge on ebay... but I totally understand the temptation!

I'm looking forward to meeting you at the show! You're friends with Melanie too, right? :)

Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
Ani,

I have high hopes that you will find tickets too and I hope to see you there!
My tickets have not arrived from the Ebay seller yet..so..if I don't get them soon I am going to start worrying!
Yes, I do know Melanie. I met up with her last Dec in Glasgow and funny enough one of my best friends grew up with her. It's a very small world!

Piper

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:22 AM