Travis

Re: US Date Announced
rainyday
rainyday Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 8:43 PM Quote
i don't know what i'm going to do...

i'd love to see them in such a small venue but i can't bring myself to support these horrible ticket brokers. Handing over $800 or so to them makes me sick!

i've only been to the Troubadour once and it is tiny! Even if you are near the back of the room, you are able to see really well. i think the capacity is around 500 people.

i seriously can't believe the person on ebay is selling them for $1,000! how is that even legal?!

sorry for my ranting - i'll keep looking.

kristin

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 9:56 AM Quote
oneofthe3 wrote:

If that was the case, they wouldn't have toured last year, the policies are the same, the dickhead at the top's the same too. It does seem extremely bizarre to just play one show though.

yeah that's true. I guess I'm just one for conspiracy theories.

Maybe Ticketmaster themselves are the ones who are reselling these tickets for an obscene amount of money. The economy does really suck right now. Either that or an incredible team of hackers/thieves.

You never know! I personally don't think Ticketmaster are that far away from being a thieves in the first place...

oneofthe3
oneofthe3 Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 10:46 AM Quote
Their US fees are ridiculous, having bought tickets for last year's tour through them. What wouldn't surprise me was if Ticketmaster employees were in the pay of these agencies and were pre-booking on the system ahead of the on-sale. There's certainly something dodgy going on as one agency has had at least 4 tickets when 2 is the max.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 3:56 PM Quote
alyrtle wrote:

Maybe Ticketmaster themselves are the ones who are reselling these tickets for an obscene amount of money. The economy does really suck right now. Either that or an incredible team of hackers/thieves.

You never know! I personally don't think Ticketmaster are that far away from being a thieves in the first place...

yeah there is a sub division of ticketmaster that broker tickets . also some of the ticket sales on ebay could be suspect in that they are reselling them to themselves to generate a hype . thats just a theory though

Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
I am sick to my stomach seeing all these greedy people. I responded to an ad on craigslist and he wanted $500 because "they are a hard ticket to find". That's BS and I know Ticketmaster is to blame for most of this.

I'm just going to keep checking everyday to see what I find. I don't think any of us should buy those tickets on Ebay because if we do then they are just going to keep the prices high.

Ani
Ani Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 6:03 PM Quote
I wish there was some way the band could see what's going on and do something about it.

There is only one way this could have happened - Ticketmaster is clearly behind it! The Troubadour isn't even selling tix from their own box office. It's ALL Ticketmaster. They're evil bastards, and I hate that we can't go to this show due to some people's seemingly endless GREED!

We should all keep checking and see what happens. Nobody in their right mind will pay these people between $300-500 PER TICKET... we all adore Travis and have been faithful fans for close to a decade, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money when it's not even going to the band.

Big, heavy sigh...

Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 7:10 PM Quote
I hope you are right and that nobody will pay those prices. I did notice the ones for $250 per ticket are gone =(

If worse comes to worse..my last ditch effort will be to go to the Troubador the night of the show and see if anyone is selling tickets.

I can't believe what a cranky mood this has put me in.

Silvox
Silvox Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 9:17 PM Quote
I´m so sorry to hear from all you guys who did not get tickets for the concert.
I luckly got it on saturday on my first try, 30sec later the tickets were gone.
Too sad to see tickets going for this much on ebay...

Silvox
Silvox Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 9:28 PM Quote
Also, instead of sending real tickets to people, Troubadour should have done like what they did for Tom Petty, only Will call, and the buyer had to go in and see the show.

castaspella
castaspella Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 2:28 AM Quote
I'm really glad to hear that so many of us are refusing to pay hundreds of dollars to greedy assholes. I would NEVER pay that much money to see Travis and have NONE of the money go to them. It's truly disgusting. The Troubador is one of my all time favorite venues and I know the show will be amazing for the lucky ones!:)

rainyday
rainyday Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 5:24 AM Quote
just thinking...

when they come back for a larger tour in early 2009, where in LA do you think they will play? (maybe the Wiltern again?)

I called a ticket agency today and they wanted $1,300 for a pair of the Troubadour tickets. *shock*

i'll keep looking around - but its not looking good! Hopefully Travis & management are aware of the situation?

oneofthe3
oneofthe3 Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 9:48 AM Quote
Simple solution - upgrade to a bigger venue and leave the twats, sorry touts, with a bagful of tickets they can't shift. Problem solved.

Pipestar
Pipestar Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 5:13 PM Quote
They wanted $1,300..wow..that's worse than those bastards on Ebay.

Question is, who the heck is buying these? I'm hoping if we all stay put and don't buy these tickets that eventually they will come down.

Does anyone think there will be anyone outside the Troubadour selling tickets night of the concert?

californiagirl
californiagirl Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 9:01 PM Quote
In other news, TicketBastard are laying off 35% of its 3,000-plus staff.
http://www.fuckedstartups.com/2008/10/21/ticketmastercom-laying-off-35/

rainyday
rainyday Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 9:18 PM Quote
i wonder if these agencies are selling ALL of their tickets? I find it hard to believe considering they are so expensive.
Maybe they will reduce the price a bit closer to the show?
I was thinking of buying 1 but I don't want to go alone. I have to think about this some more.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:47 AM