Travis

Re: user/screen names
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 8:50 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
DAKOTA wrote:
I have also gone by Nickywiresdress and Sexyboy around these parts. :)

I remember Nickywiresdress but I didn't know it was you lol

Yes, that was me! Ahh, the disadvantages of the old board...ever changing names depending on my whims! :D (But at the same time it was wildly fun. Especially in the chat. I remember trying to spell TRAVIS out with our chatnames on the side of the screen. Haha!)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 9:04 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:

Yes, that was me! Ahh, the disadvantages of the old board...ever changing names depending on my whims! :D (But at the same time it was wildly fun. Especially in the chat. I remember trying to spell TRAVIS out with our chatnames on the side of the screen. Haha!)

The old board did have some advantages. But then again, if I was sitting at a computer without cookies, I had to write my name allll the time grrr. And then of course there were the impersonations of which Gogz was the master.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 9:17 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
You speak Elvish?
http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/m1/1734944796

Hahahaha

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 9:28 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I'm originally from Paisley in Scotland but moved to Dublin for work in November 2000, We were gonna get pissed and party for 3 months and then head home... I'm still here. A few of the old boardies shortened it to ScotsDub then to Dubz or Dubs, which why I still sign my posts "Dubz"

Dubz

Aw, I love Dublin! I'd stay there too :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 9:31 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Hanne wrote:
DAKOTA wrote:
I have also gone by Nickywiresdress and Sexyboy around these parts. :)

I remember Nickywiresdress but I didn't know it was you lol

I rember those days...

JonBonJovisHair ???
ThomYorkeScaresMe ??

...and various other conotations, Wonder what happened to WePlantsAreHappyPlants (Annie), YesIAmAnArtist (Sami) et al ??

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 10:24 PM Quote
Abbreviations of my name...of sorts!

Penny = Pee
Wendy = Wee

Peewee....kinda caught in in high school for some reason...stuck with it. Strangely people often think I am a dude! lol

Eledh
Eledh Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 10:51 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:

I can comletely understand all of that! Esp the crying part...and the booking six months early part...

Well, I'm not alone! YAY! XD

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 15 Oct, 2008 1:30 AM Quote
My sort of evolved out of my real name, Lindsay to Linny to Lenny to Henny to Henny Penny.

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Wed 15 Oct, 2008 2:17 AM Quote
Hi my name is Maria
and since i've been a very young girl i've had an obsession with a band called BBMak.. they got their name from their surnames so i just stole the Mak part..

Lol Nikki, you could see where i was coming from, fellow BBMak buddy :-D

Named and shamed HA!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 15 Oct, 2008 2:36 AM Quote
Mine's based on the song by The Beatles, obviously :oP
It's been my internet identity for ages.
Not an interesting story :oP

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 15 Oct, 2008 5:31 AM Quote
MariaMak wrote:
Hi my name is Maria
and since i've been a very young girl i've had an obsession with a band called BBMak.. they got their name from their surnames so i just stole the Mak part..

Lol Nikki, you could see where i was coming from, fellow BBMak buddy :-D

Named and shamed HA!

This is SO crazy! Maria and I just discovered in the chat room tonight that we knew each other through our teenage BBMak obssesion before the Travis board!!! Oh man, lol! It's a small world! :)

spid
spid Posted Wed 15 Oct, 2008 8:25 AM Quote
Istarted using mine about 20 years ago at college - when i wrote for the college magazine (called 'Feeding the Ducks'), it was a little irreverend and as the college was small we all gave ourselves pen names. I was always drawing spider webs on my college notes so I was Spid the Spider and it stuck. It sort of sat on a back burning for those years when the weans were very weany and was resurrected a couple of years ago. I still really like it and am glad it stood the test of time.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 15 Oct, 2008 5:21 PM Quote
Mine may or may not have a cryptic meaning that may or may not have a concealed meaning that may or may not cause a lively debate as of the end of this sentence (pluss full stop of course, or 'period' if you're from across the pond like my dear wifey).

Bryn
Bryn Posted Wed 15 Oct, 2008 9:07 PM Quote
Mine is a combination of my first and last names. My real name is Bridget. I kind of like that it's an actual name, because when people call me it on here, it makes me feel like I have a cool nickname. There is a serious lack of cool nicknames for Bridget, really, so I always wanted one, lol :)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 15 Oct, 2008 9:20 PM Quote
Bryn wrote:
Mine is a combination of my first and last names. My real name is Bridget. I kind of like that it's an actual name, because when people call me it on here, it makes me feel like I have a cool nickname. There is a serious lack of cool nicknames for Bridget, really, so I always wanted one, lol :)

Bryn isn't a bad nickname :o) There's absolutely no cool nicknames for Hanne either. If I were to combine my first and last names, my nickname would be Hacl. Not ideal lol

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:09 PM