Travis

Re: chris martin spotted at travis astoria gig
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 6:19 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Bellringer wrote:
It's a shame that Travis haven't been allowed to sustain their popularity by the commercial music realm and have been snubbed by the Radiohead-adoring critic elite.

I really don't get that- why Radiohead? They're really nothing special in my eyes- or should i say ears

Really? I think Radiohead are VERY special. They're such a unique band. I think they deserve a lot of credit, but they aren't like Travis. They're music is different and interesting, but it doesn't reach into my heart like Travis' music does. And I don't think Radiohead are as good as they used to be anyway. They're getting to weird now and they're songs don't have any melody anymore. There's not really a point in comparing these two bands, just wanted to make a point that I think Radiohead are something special...just not in the same way that Travis are.

About Coldplay...Ben, I think when Chris Martin said that about Travis, he probably meant something more along the lines of what you were saying- that if it wasn't for the success Travis had with that mellow British rock sound on The Man Who, his band would have never made it. So, they owe Travis a lot of credit...as do a ton of other bands.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 6:36 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I know Chris said that but he is the sort of guy to knock himself. I don't think Travis 'invented' Coldplay. They already existed. I think the fact that The Man Who was so successful made it easier for bands like Coldplay, Keane and Snow Patrol to become the successful bands they are today. The Man Who is still a bigger selling album in the UK than any of those others have had. :) Yes, if Travis hadn't had the success, maybe things would be different. Who knows what things would be like. :)

Eh......X&Y. Sold tons more than the man who.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 6:47 AM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
oops! XD, if he see this board, he could find my thread on the other board, complaining about his "dance" in Viva la vida video XD, sorry chris, but, that video would be a little better if you wouldn't dance on it

hahaha
that made me giggle xD

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 6:56 AM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:
oops! XD, if he see this board, he could find my thread on the other board, complaining about his "dance" in Viva la vida video XD, sorry chris, but, that video would be a little better if you wouldn't dance on it

hahaha
that made me giggle xD

hahaha XD, i hate that video XD

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 7:47 AM Quote
Chris is a natural pogo - er ! I watched him singing 'Lost' on Jools Holland and he was pogoing sitting down :)

Dolly Mixed Up Girl
Dolly Mixed Up Girl Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 9:29 AM Quote
Last year at the Travis Koko gig we spotted Mani from Primal Scream!

lalalife86
lalalife86 Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 10:13 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Chris is a natural pogo - er ! I watched him singing 'Lost' on Jools Holland and he was pogoing sitting down :)

LOL. Come to think of it, Chris pogos while sitting on the piano stool all the time! He's a pogo maniac!! Maybe he got the pogo bug from Fran!

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 11:12 AM Quote
ahh i love Chris Martin :D

would've been cool to meet him!

Now Travis have to go support Coldplay at a gig (Travis- I say go to the one i'm going to so i can see you!! :P)

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 11:39 AM Quote
Craig wrote:
Nikki wrote:
He should be, considering there would be no Coldplay without Travis.

exactly

i third that fact=)

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:35 PM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:

hahaha
that made me giggle xD

hahaha XD, i hate that video XD

Hate that video too. My sister is hooked on it and keeps listening to it all the time.
And about the "dancing part", you're totally right. It's just not pretty. XD

Haaaa, pretty cool to see Chris Martin supporting Travis :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 2:44 PM Quote
I hope he paid for his ticket and didn't just blag his way in...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 3:11 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I hope he paid for his ticket and didn't just blag his way in...

LoL!

oneofthe3
oneofthe3 Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 3:34 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
I know Chris said that but he is the sort of guy to knock himself. I don't think Travis 'invented' Coldplay. They already existed. I think the fact that The Man Who was so successful made it easier for bands like Coldplay, Keane and Snow Patrol to become the successful bands they are today. The Man Who is still a bigger selling album in the UK than any of those others have had. :) Yes, if Travis hadn't had the success, maybe things would be different. Who knows what things would be like. :)

Not true in the UK.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 3:36 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

No. It didn't. None of Coldplay's albums have went 9x platinum in the UK.

And Radiohead are special. They've done some absolute crap. A lot of crap. But they've probably done more 10/10 songs than Travis. But like I said, they've also done a lot of crap, unlike Travis. :)

oneofthe3
oneofthe3 Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 3:38 PM Quote
http://www.everyhit.com/recordalb.html

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:17 PM