Travis

Re: The
Nell
Nell Posted Sat 29 Nov, 2008 7:33 PM Quote
Kimmy256 wrote:
owenlee wrote:
Intriguing!
But I'm just wondering whether a radio falling into a bath could kill a man? :(

yea, not sure about that. maybe a toaster might?

i'd say yes...pretty sure...

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 30 Nov, 2008 6:59 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Nell wrote:

sure it's been asked before..but what about the b-sides? especially the song: "sarah"?....

Well, most of us have been calling J.'s girlfriend Sarah. I think if you listen to the words it could be possible...
"He was the one made you fall, but he couldn't help you at all, not at all. So he packed up and jumped from the wall, pushing his luck past the ghosts in the hall."

Used to Belong could fit in as well. It could be J. singing to Sarah. I love both of those songs SO much! Too good to be B-sides. :O)

Yeah I could see Sarah falling into the story, especially since one of the new b-sides is called The Ballad of J Smith, so you could include that one as well. I think Sarah is the track that follows the Robert Burns poem most closely.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 30 Nov, 2008 8:59 PM Quote
Slightly related question:
Will The Ballad of J. Smith be a musical ballad (slow, acoustic?) or a poetic ballad (a classic poem)? Or both? And will it outline his life, his last day... what? Maybe that's why Fran's keeping us guessing at the moment?

Lol, that was a lot of questions

Bryn
Bryn Posted Mon 01 Dec, 2008 2:59 AM Quote
Does anyone else feel *thinks how to put it* a little silly now, looking back at all this? Especially because Fran hasn't ever said any more about it!

But maybe the "Ballad" will help clear the mystery of J. Smith up. That would be really cool.

MusicGirl99 wrote:
I think Sarah is the track that follows the Robert Burns poem most closely.

That's interesting... how so?

owenlee
owenlee Posted Mon 01 Dec, 2008 4:16 AM Quote
Bryn wrote:
Does anyone else feel *thinks how to put it* a little silly now, looking back at all this? Especially because Fran hasn't ever said any more about it!

silly?
Fran hasn't ever said any more because Fran has been busy with gigs these days!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 01 Dec, 2008 11:33 AM Quote
I recently rewatched Fran on Songbook and he said that he usually says what songs mean but with this album he wouldn't. He'd leave it up to people to decide for themselves. :)

Pages Previous 1...15 16 17 18 [19] All Times BST Current Time 3:32 PM