Travis

Re: Ode To J.Smith-cover - The Second Motif?
akanksha
akanksha Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 9:42 AM Quote
That is an unusual idea, but it seems pretty valid! I don't think they were thinking of anything like that, though. There are several other less, um, explicit ways of representing anonymity. But you never know haha, maybe that was going on at the back of their heads! :)

The image was from the cover of a Roald Dahl story, so the same interpretation might have been applied there, given that Roald Dahl wrote pretty bizarre adult stories. Hmm.

When I look at the album cover again I can't be certain it's an eye anymore. Wahahaha.

lestafox
lestafox Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 10:36 PM Quote
... I think the motif ... looks like a vagina - and inside there's a little white sperm cell penetrating the egg cell (black with it's green membrane).

[/quote]

More to the point, what i want to know is ... what was gosse doing at the moment in time when this brainwave came to his mind??!! hmmm..answers or theories pls

lestafox
lestafox Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 10:39 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Signed Muzzy shirt... ;) Better. Yeah better. :) lol

tut tut youth of today, how can you compare muzzy with walshy when walshy broke bones and shead blood for the cause (admittidly you were a nipper then)! soz folks my inbox wont work dont mean to clog up this thread

Gosse
Gosse Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 6:08 PM Quote
akanksha wrote:
That is an unusual idea, but it seems pretty valid! I don't think they were thinking of anything like that, though. There are several other less, um, explicit ways of representing anonymity. But you never know haha, maybe that was going on at the back of their heads! :)
(...)
When I look at the album cover again I can't be certain it's an eye anymore. Wahahaha.

Hi there,
Well I can't look at the album cover thinking "it's only an eye" any longer ;-) I agree, that the thought might not be to represent anonymity; but given the story og J. Smith - one life among so many others, I can't figure out any other idea.

akanksha wrote:
The image was from the cover of a Roald Dahl story, so the same interpretation might have been applied there, given that Roald Dahl wrote pretty bizarre adult stories. Hmm.

Interesting about that Dahl-cover... maybe I should check out, what he wanted to illustrate with his artwork at that time.

Luv,
G!

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 6:21 PM Quote
Everyone can see different things sometimes, but seriously, an eye is the only thing I can see! Haha.

Gosse
Gosse Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 6:24 PM Quote
lestafox wrote:
... I think the motif ... looks like a vagina - and inside there's a little white sperm cell penetrating the egg cell (black with it's green membrane).

More to the point, what i want to know is ... what was gosse doing at the moment in time when this brainwave came to his mind??!! hmmm..answers or theories pls [/quote]

Hmm... hehe, it's hard to tell. I think the answer must be as boring as "it just popped up and crossed my mind".

But before that I had been wondering about the cover... coz the guys almost never leave this kind of stuff to a coincidence. And just an eye didn't tell me that much ;-)

Cheers,
G!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 4:21 PM