Travis

Wulfrun Hall, The proposal, Fran whos Scott?, Towel fight!
lestafox
lestafox Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 9:41 PM Quote
Hey up people! This is my first ever post. I went along to the Wulfrun Hall gig and wanted to video the new songs for everyone to enjoy as some of the videos dont do the songs justice on youtube. Unfortunatly, due to this kid with big spikey hair who came and stood infront of me at the last minute i lost my view. But thankfully he moved (more to do with me singing in his ear me thinks!) i managed to catch a few songs. They are ok quality if watched in high quality view. The highlights include;

1) The proposal in which Scott proposes to Gemma (first ever at Travis gig. If anyone knows who they are and if they want the footage contact me
2) Fran swearing as he forgets his words (tut tut!!!)
3) Before you were young
4) The last verse of WDIAROM followed by the fight for Frans towel. I grabbed the corner first then a whole lot of people snatched it of me (booooo!) and i will regret that moment for the rest of my life. Theres also a spot on the screen due to the man to my left wiping of the sweat on his brow and sending the sweat onto my camera lens (ergh!) Enjoy. If the links dont work type in "1rajinder1 into the search on youtube.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j3BK_hGrVFI
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft1WVMMTIcM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jogLmVkKvqk
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OEMBwypGRaM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mt4frnEVejo

Re: Wulfrun Hall, The proposal, Fran whos Scott?, Towel fig
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 10:10 PM Quote
I think there has actually been other Travis concert proposals, but thanks for posting none the less. Love her answer "it's taken you long enough."
Note to boys of the world, proposing at a Travis concert (or in my case, a hockey game) is good idea. Although i might start giggling at the band instead.

And glad to see they are doing the flower in the window guitar thing. always fuN!

Before You Were Young sound glorious!

lestafox
lestafox Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 10:18 PM Quote
Yep, Gemma sounds as if shes straight out of a quiz show! 3 days later and i've still only got one rating on youtube :(

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 11:09 PM Quote
Hello. Welcome. I'll watch your videos tomorrow. :) I also uploaded Side and Before You Were Young from the same gig. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 12:39 AM Quote
Thanks for the videos! They're all really cool, and "BYWY" sounds amaaazing!!! What's up with the people in the crowd who booed Fran for forgeting the first line of "I Kissed A Girl" - WTF? Who boos Fran? Really.

RUTHIEBABE00
RUTHIEBABE00 Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 1:07 AM Quote
Thanks for those, loved the vids. Wonder if the guys would let my man after 13 years of marriage - propose again!! lol Would have loved that proposal... mine didn't get down on one knee - proposed after watching the Christmas edition of Dr Quinn Medicine woman!!!! LOL NOT THE SAME AS DOING IT IN FRONT OF TRAVIS!!!!!!! Tell him so if i ever get to one of your gigs Travis!!!

Bryn
Bryn Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 1:45 AM Quote
RUTHIEBABE00 wrote:
Would have loved that proposal... mine didn't get down on one knee - proposed after watching the Christmas edition of Dr Quinn Medicine woman!!!! LOL NOT THE SAME AS DOING IT IN FRONT OF TRAVIS!!!!!!! Tell him so if i ever get to one of your gigs Travis!!!

LOL! Dr Quinn Christmas episode? was it an especially good show? That's funny, but cute too. I do have to say though, if I ever get proposed to, I'd pick the Travis gig!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 2:37 AM Quote
Dr Mike and Sully would put anyone in the proposing mood! lol.

Haha, Nikki, I love that he tells them not to boo, haha. it's like..Washington (i think) last summer when the guy yells "stop complaining" when Fran gets a shock off the mic and Fran says "this song is not dedicated to you."

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 4:40 AM Quote
Thanks for sharing those vids! I watched some of them :o)

Nikki wrote:
What's up with the people in the crowd who booed Fran for forgeting the first line of "I Kissed A Girl" - WTF? Who boos Fran? Really.

It made me laugh xD.
It's quite a crappy song, so they should actually cheer Fran for remembering the rest of the words! :oP
I love it how Fran and Andy make the song sound so much better musically speaking with just two guitars.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 4:43 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Haha, Nikki, I love that he tells them not to boo, haha. it's like..Washington (i think) last summer when the guy yells "stop complaining" when Fran gets a shock off the mic and Fran says "this song is not dedicated to you."

Lol! Someone yelled "stop complaining"???

flower_in_the_window
flower_in_the_window Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 9:03 AM Quote
I am at work, and can't access you tube, but will def be watching when I get home!

akanksha
akanksha Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 10:37 AM Quote
lestafox wrote:

1) The proposal in which Scott proposes to Gemma (first ever at Travis gig. If anyone knows who they are and if they want the footage contact me

I think they have footage already, there's another video of it put up by the girl's parent.
Anyway, thanks for the videos :)

lestafox
lestafox Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 12:14 PM Quote
I've been to 3 of Travis's gigs now and Fran somewhere along the line has an outburst, for the right reasons of course! My first at Sherwood forest (an amazing night) he spotted a drunk man trying to push past a girl and so called sercurity in and jumped down of the stage into the crowd and was about to start a fight with the bloke. then their was the nottingham gig earlier this year when some man shouted out "get on with it" and he replied along the line of "look can you just stop being a d*ck infront of everybody!" anyway, it adds to the performance and puts people in their place

akanksha
akanksha Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
lestafox wrote:
I've been to 3 of Travis's gigs now and Fran somewhere along the line has an outburst, for the right reasons of course! My first at Sherwood forest (an amazing night) he spotted a drunk man trying to push past a girl and so called sercurity in and jumped down of the stage into the crowd and was about to start a fight with the bloke. then there was the nottingham gig earlier this year when some man shouted out "get on with it" and he replied along the line of "look can you just stop being a d*ck infront of everybody!" anyway, it adds to the performance and puts people in their place

Fran's real cool. :D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 5:08 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Lol! Someone yelled "stop complaining"???

yes! and Fran calls him out and says it sounds like he is English. And says something like "it really hurt!" and then when he goes into the next song, which i think is '20' he does his undedication.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times UTC Current Time 6:52 PM