Travis

Making Travis a part of important life moments...
Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 2:18 PM Quote
So last year I got married and I walked down the aisle to Flowers in the Window. During the rehearsal I was pretty fastidious about everyone walking down in sync w/ the music and almost being bitchy about it (it was my wedding I wanted it perfect!) Then on the day I was so excited to be married that I remember practically running down the aisle to my new husband, and my dad holding me back so that I would arrive at the front at the 'perfect' moment. No one in the US knows Travis (not any of our family and friends anyway) but I heard that everyone LOVED Flowers and thought it was a perfect song for me to walk down the aisle to. And my wedding WAS perfect. And so is my husband. We moved here to the UK and when I heard Travis was touring I was super excited and made him take me on his b-day weekend. Well, after they played Flowers, Dougie threw his pick into the crowd and it whizzed past my husbands head and I looked over to him and was like "Did u get it for me?". He did not. BUT apparently no one else did cuz when the show was over, we looked down and there it was!
But anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has incorporated Travis into any of their "important life moments"?

Re: Making Travis a part of important life moments...
Mandy
Mandy Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 3:40 PM Quote
What a lovely story. If I ever get married Travis will definatley be involved somehow, not sure if I would go as far as the song walking down the isle to but maybe the first dance would be nice :D

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 4:20 PM Quote
Mandy wrote:
What a lovely story. If I ever get married Travis will definatley be involved somehow, not sure if I would go as far as the song walking down the isle to but maybe the first dance would be nice :D

Yeah, I'm thinking of first dance to 'more than us' or 'love will come through'. But mine would def have to be 'Closer'.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 4:30 PM Quote
i always thought Flowers in the Window would make a great wedding song!

Not exactly an important life moments, but on the weekend i pulled over my car to take a picture of a beautiful sunset and as i was doing it, Colder came on the radio. It was such a nice soundtrack to my picture taking.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 5:28 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Not exactly an important life moments, but on the weekend i pulled over my car to take a picture of a beautiful sunset and as i was doing it, Colder came on the radio. It was such a nice soundtrack to my picture taking.

I was listening to Before You Were Young in the car on the way to the Portsmouth gig, and as it finished, I looked sideways out of the window and there was this beautiful rainbow and blue sky emerging. It stayed there for ages, it was perfect!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I was listening to Before You Were Young in the car on the way to the Portsmouth gig, and as it finished, I looked sideways out of the window and there was this beautiful rainbow and blue sky emerging. It stayed there for ages, it was perfect!

It's the Travis Gremlins. For making the msg board so slow, they repay us by timing natural beauty with Travis songs! They are also responsible for making it rain during Why Does It Always Rain On Me. Or, in my case, the day of a Travis concert in the middle of July when it had been dry and hot for weeks.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 6:28 PM Quote
Aw, that's lovely! We played Flowers in the Window at our wedding two months ago! It's a perfect wedding song!

Bryn
Bryn Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 7:05 PM Quote
Quote:
During the rehearsal I was pretty fastidious about everyone walking down in sync w/ the music and almost being bitchy about it (it was my wedding I wanted it perfect!) Then on the day I was so excited to be married that I remember practically running down the aisle to my new husband, and my dad holding me back so that I would arrive at the front at the 'perfect' moment.

Did you have it timed to a certain line in the song when you would reach the front?

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 7:28 PM Quote
Bryn wrote:
Quote:
During the rehearsal I was pretty fastidious about everyone walking down in sync w/ the music and almost being bitchy about it (it was my wedding I wanted it perfect!) Then on the day I was so excited to be married that I remember practically running down the aisle to my new husband, and my dad holding me back so that I would arrive at the front at the 'perfect' moment.

Did you have it timed to a certain line in the song when you would reach the front?

Not really. I just had a small wedding party and wanted to make sure everyone was spaced out enough so that I would start walking at about the 2:20 mark (after the bridge). That left me with over a minute to walk the aisle, which is actually a long time when you are anxious. I also didn't want to get there too soon before the end of the song so as not to bore ppl with just standing there; especially since I myself just wanted get on with it and be married!

Bryn
Bryn Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 7:45 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
Bryn wrote:
Quote:

Not really. I just had a small wedding party and wanted to make sure everyone was spaced out enough so that I would start walking at about the 2:20 mark (after the bridge). That left me with over a minute to walk the aisle, which is actually a long time when you are anxious. I also didn't want to get there too soon before the end of the song so as not to bore ppl with just standing there; especially since I myself just wanted get on with it and be married!

I see:) I think it was a cool idea to have that as your walking down the aisle song. Maybe I should use the real word... as your processional... I think that's right! Anyway, cute idea! I'm glad everyone liked the song:)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 7:49 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
Bryn wrote:
Quote:

you could have done a little song and dance to entertain the crowd!

PictureInWhite
PictureInWhite Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 8:49 PM Quote
Awww, Lizzie! That's fantastic! I didn't realise you'd gotten married. I love hearing stories like this, though. :OD

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 8:52 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
minnmess wrote:

The same with me, but i was listening Re Offender, then i saw some cars crashing =S

Pages [1] All Times UTC Current Time 4:41 PM