Travis

Close encounters
leticia
leticia Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 6:15 PM Quote
HI everyone!

My dream came true on October 2nd, when I got a picture with the whole band.

Vivian, Frederick and me waited for them outside the Newcastle venue for almost 3 hours, outside, in the rain. I think it was 4° C ajajajaja. But we didn't care, we wanted to get a pic.

The band's bus driver saw us freezing, so he brought us hot chocolate!! How sweet is that!! ajajajaja

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3072/2915724412_7ac490fa1a.jpg

The time came when at 2 am Neil and Andy came out.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3030/2908676005_c9810d3278.jpg

You can tell by my smile that I was happy. :)

Then came Fran. I couldn't believe it! He gave me a hug and we took the picture. I'm still in shock.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3047/2908676019_ee1fe84c27.jpg

And last but not least, Dougie. He's so cute!! He's always smiling! He told Frederick that his son had the same name and showed us a picture of him. He was beautiful.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3110/2915724416_5a9eccf42b.jpg

I want to thank the band for being so cool. Now that I think back and I could have said sooo many things to them : ( like the following day I was traveling to Glasgow!!!, but well I am so thankful that I couldn't ask for more. I am also happy because I met Vivian and Fred ; ). They were so great. I coulnd't have waited that long if it weren't for them.

Thanks guys!!

Leti (still smiling)

Re: Close encounters
Monica
Monica Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 6:20 PM Quote
Great photos ;) I'm glad you finally met them :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 6:37 PM Quote
Qué genial Leti!!! Representación argentina en Newcastle! Jaja.
Me re alegro de que hayas pasado tan linda experiencia!
Un amor el bus driver que les dio chocolate caliente!!!!
Me re alegro :o)
Espero que la sigas pasando lindo por esos pagos!

Mandy
Mandy Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 6:44 PM Quote
Glad you got to meet them. Waiting 3 hours is hardcore, shame it was a school night or I may have stayed, but yeah the weather really wasn't nice so well done you guys :)

BTW Im sorry I never replied to your PM, I wasnt sure who I was going with at the time and then completly forgot to reply, so sorry :<

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 7:01 PM Quote
Great photos! I want Fran's Ode To J. Smith t-shirt! haha Fran doing his bit of promotion there I see ;-) hehe

TK23
TK23 Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 8:18 PM Quote
How lovely! It must have been awesome! : )

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 8:55 PM Quote
A truly great night! Seeing the band live for real for the first time (and for the first time meeting some real fans), and in the end that cold wait was definitiely worth it.

Rallyfoeraren
A truly great night! Seeing the band live for real for the first time (and for the first time meeting some real fans), and in the end that cold wait was definitiely worth it.

Rallyfoeraren

Rallyfoeraren
Er... I'm using a friend's computer.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 9:03 PM Quote
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
Er... I'm using a friend's computer.

Looks like you're using 3 friends' computers!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 11:25 PM Quote
That's wonderful.

leticia
leticia Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 8:51 PM Quote
Yes!!! I can't believe it!! I'm soo happy!!

Viste Juli que buena representacioooooon?? (perdon pero no tengo acentos aca en Roma). Increible... sin palabras.

Fredrik, greaaaaat to meet you!

Leti

ausheva7
ausheva7 Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 10:04 PM Quote
Dear Leticia, Fredrik and everyone else,

This is my first post on Travisonline... I'm a newby!

It was smashing meeting the band, Leti and Fredrik, one of the most precious once-in-a-lifetime experiences! I'm so gonna love Travis for the rest of my life. They were so nice, and so were their staff and fans!

Great pictures posted here! I'm still sorting out mine for you two... Please kindly be patient! :D

Hopefully we'll see each other again soon. Like I said music is one magical thing. It brings people together, wherever you may be...

Vivian xxx

leticia
leticia Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 2:03 PM Quote
ausheva7 wrote:
Dear Leticia, Fredrik and everyone else,

This is my first post on Travisonline... I'm a newby!

It was smashing meeting the band, Leti and Fredrik, one of the most precious once-in-a-lifetime experiences! I'm so gonna love Travis for the rest of my life. They were so nice, and so were their staff and fans!

Great pictures posted here! I'm still sorting out mine for you two... Please kindly be patient! :D

Hopefully we'll see each other again soon. Like I said music is one magical thing. It brings people together, wherever you may be...

Vivian xxx

Hi Viviaan!!!

I-m so glad you replied! You can send them all! aajaajaj Today I'm in Malpensa, Milan. My plane was cancelled so the company sent us to a 4 star hotel, lunch included!! This is great news for a backpacker who has been traveling for 3 weeks...

Hope you can send more pics Vivian and thanks to all for the comments.

Ciao!

Leti

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:37 AM