Travis

Re: The
accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 1:11 PM Quote
hm.

i think alot of its to just do with how you relate to the songs on each album.

travis are my favourite band because i have an emotional connection with the songs. the first three albums said something to me. it helped me through some rough times, and still does, and no doubt will continue to.

theres an air of magic within them, especially the the man who.

i really love all the albums, but i constantly find myself returning to the man who.

maybe people dont seem to have such affection for albums like the boy with no name, or 12 memories because they just dont relate to the lyrics as much.

i dont seem to, i love the songs, there all beautiful. but the thing that makes a song, infinite, for me, is the lyrics. the melody always hits you first, but its the lyrics that stay with you.

now theres nothing wrong with the lyrics, there fantastic.

but a perfect example is my eyes. i dont have a kid. wont have one for a while. but maybe when i do i'll look back at that album and it'll mean an awful lot more.

i realised this when i heard the new album. song to self is just amazing to me because right now, i relate to it. its helped me through a tough time again.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 1:57 PM Quote
Hmmmm, I just think they're a good band, thats all.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 2:23 PM Quote
I listened to TBWNN t'other day and having not heard it for a while, it seduced me all over again. I love it when a record does that.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 5:21 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:
Nice one Tone.

Im liking you more n more.

Not in a scary stalkery way, but in an intellectual way.

P.S, Why the cat pic?

lol... an intellectually tuned stalker! :)

The photo in the avatar is of my moggy, Travis. Naturally!!! He's curled up asleep by my feet as I'm typing...

Back on topic, I've been listening to Ode today, and the tracks are growning on me. Whereas in The Boy, I founds the ballads started to merge into an amorphous mush of emotion, on this new album they are much stronger and individual. Probably because of the energy of the louder songs.

Wonderful to have you back LOUD TRAVIS!!!! :)

Having said that, I'm going to take a leaf out of Esteban's book, and listen again to The Boy, and see if I can get the magic back.

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 5:26 PM Quote
I think TBWNN is a great album. Probably not the best (in my opinion) but really good ^^

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 9:10 AM