Travis

Re: Dougie's Coat
Amandabug
Amandabug Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 9:22 PM Quote
ha, i love how everyone has bugged dougie about his coat. i told him it was distracting me from his hip action and i demanded it removed. he told me after boston that he wore straight for 80 shows, and it has been dry cleaned several times. he says the coat doesn't retain any smells. then he made me smell him. i did, and i said he smelled like beer. he said that was him, not the coat, and then he gave me a big hug. i will never complain about the coat again! it's magical.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 9:46 PM Quote
Ha ha, well, I must say that because of this thread I did pay particular attention to assess this issue for myself when I met Dougie in Chicago, and I agree with the person above, I smelled beer and cigs (he was holding one), but not B.O.

After the Cleveland show he changed into a leather jacket, but it was quite chilly and windy.

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 3:05 AM Quote
You know, there is the real possibility that Dougie is reading this very thread and laughing hysterically on all these amusing observations on his coat.....

=D

Amandabug
Amandabug Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 8:51 PM Quote
Peter76 wrote:
You know, there is the real possibility that Dougie is reading this very thread and laughing hysterically on all these amusing observations on his coat.....

=D

i bet he is!
i was just thinking today how i wanted to tell dougie all these things about how his songwriting is really developing and how his songs are my favorites off the new album... instead, all i talked about to him was the damn coat and his HIPS. it's so embarrassing! it's like.. when i'm within a foot of the hips, they take over my mind.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 1:31 AM Quote
Amandabug wrote:

i bet he is!
i was just thinking today how i wanted to tell dougie all these things about how his songwriting is really developing and how his songs are my favorites off the new album... instead, all i talked about to him was the damn coat and his HIPS. it's so embarrassing! it's like.. when i'm within a foot of the hips, they take over my mind.

Haha. That happens to most of us. I don't remember mentioning hips, but I never say all those "intelligent" things that I mean to when I meant them. Someday. Maybe.

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Mon 11 May, 2009 7:04 AM Quote
Amandabug wrote:
ha, i love how everyone has bugged dougie about his coat. i told him it was distracting me from his hip action and i demanded it removed. he told me after boston that he wore straight for 80 shows, and it has been dry cleaned several times. he says the coat doesn't retain any smells. then he made me smell him. i did, and i said he smelled like beer. he said that was him, not the coat, and then he gave me a big hug. i will never complain about the coat again! it's magical.

LOL

I do agree about the hip action! i too was distracted!

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Mon 11 May, 2009 1:23 PM Quote
Amandabug wrote:
he told me after boston that he wore straight for 80 shows, and it has been dry cleaned several times.

I am soooo glad to have been proved not to be going totally insane, and that Dougie HAD infact been wearing the same coat FOREVER....well, 80 shows anyway!!!

One day, I too hope to touch/smell/feel it......I will be so chuffed to have finally met the coat, that I may not notice Dougie in it ;)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 1:11 AM