Travis

Reminder: Win tickets for UK free Q Hard Rock Cafe gig!
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 8:47 PM Quote
Travis fans in the UK, if you haven't already applied for tickets, don't forget that you have until this Friday 3th October to get your entries in!

RE: FREE GIG!:- (Page 187)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/11Eleven/Travis/odeqmag3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/11Eleven/Travis/odeqmag4.jpg

Q MUSIC CLUB LIVE AT HARD ROCK CAFE
Britain's biggest music magazine - and the capital's legendary music establishment - host two outstanding FREE shows!

GOOD NEWS, MUSIC FANS!
Your favourite music magazine's FREE! monthly live event, Q Music Club, has moved to London's legendary music eatery Hard Rock Cafe and has yet another brace of essential events to serve up. Standing on Old Park Lane in the capital since 1971, Hard Rock Cafe is a fan of all things rock 'n' roll and has recently seen the esteemed likes of Aerosmith, Stevie Wonder, The Charlatans and Natasha Bedingfield take to its famous stage.

On Monday ,13 October, the nicest men in rock, Travis, will be doing the honours and showcasing new album Ode To J. Smith at this intimate venue. While on Wednesday, 19 November, fellow Glaswegian alternative rockers The Fratellis will plug second album Here We Stand - the recipient of four Q stars, no less - in their own inimitable style.

The audience for each gig will be made up of the world's most discerning music fans (ie, you) and - here's the best bit - admission is absolutely free!

Everyone who applies for tickets to Q Music Club Live At Hard Rock Cafe will have their name put in a prize draw. Those drawn from the hat each win a pair of tickets. For more information and to apply for a ticket for either the Travis or The Fratellis performances, you are strongly advised to hot-foot it along to Qthemusic.com.

Winners will be notified by Friday, 3 October for Travis and by Friday, 7 November for The Fratellis. The editor's decision is final. New shows will also be announced first online. Doors open for all shows at 7pm and showtime is 7.30pm sharp.

Caption:-
MON, 13 OCTOBER @ 7.30PM
TRAVIS

One of the nation's most popular bands, the Glaswegian quartet take to the intimate Hard Rock Cafe stage to showcase new album Ode To J. Smith. Plus, no doubt, they'll bung in the odd classic too.

Re: Reminder: Win tickets for UK free Q Hard Rock Cafe gig!
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 8:53 PM Quote
Oh, and by the way, there's a three page feature about Neil's racing car adventure and a full page Ode To J. Smith album advert in the November issue of Q (With AC/DC on the cover), which I received yesterday!

Finally getting some decent Travis coverage in Q magazine. One of the benefits of subscribing!

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 8:15 AM Quote
Reminder!

It would be nice if the winners came from the board I think.

"Winners will be notified by Friday, 3 October for Travis"

If you win, remember to reply and tell us!

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 4:52 PM Quote
I've just received a phone call on my mobile from a very nice woman from Q Magazine saying that I've WON a pair of tickets!

"Result, get in!!!"

Just waiting for my confirmation email from Q magazine now on how to collect my tickets, etc.

That's two trips to London in a week for me to see Travis then...

Anyone else win tickets here? I hope so!

:) :)

(Current status = Glad on the gladometer)

ps - TWT, this needs adding to the Live Dates section please, thanks!

nesmap
nesmap Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 5:10 PM Quote
Just posted about this in the red thread oop above

I apparently won some tickets but can't go - have too much work to do.

Ah well - everyone who goes enjoy it and have fun for me :D

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 5:17 PM Quote
nesmap wrote:
Just posted about this in the red thread oop above

I apparently won some tickets but can't go - have too much work to do.

Ah well - everyone who goes enjoy it and have fun for me :D

Don't worry mate, I will!

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 08 Oct, 2008 9:04 AM Quote
Did anyone else win?

I won a pair, so if my friend can't get time off and has to work that day which doesn't look likely, I'll offer the other one on here.

Who would be available and willing to go on Monday to the Hard Rock Cafe gig?

Reply here if you are interested. The closing date is this Friday Morning at 9am, after I get back from the London Astoria gig tonight (Short notice, I know, but I only found out last night myself). If I still have a ticket spare, I 'll pick the names out of a random hat, and then reply / PM you with the contact details, and where I'll meet you to go to the gig. My name is on the guestlist, so you need to meet me for admittance!

My decision is final. Thank you for your interest!

Conor14
Conor14 Posted Wed 08 Oct, 2008 9:20 AM Quote
i won aswell but not sure i can make it unfortunely. if i cant ill post it up here asap.

cheekyweelassie
cheekyweelassie Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 4:08 PM Quote
Please add my name to the hat for any of those Hard Rock Cafe tickets going spare.
Ideally I would like to be able to take my partner, but if there is only one space then we will flip a coin and one of us will go.
I saw them at the Astoria last night, and it was a fantastic show. So, I am only being greedy for wanting to go myself, but I didn't win the Q comp. Congratulations to everyone who did win tickets!

smashingtoast
smashingtoast Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 3:58 AM Quote
Please count me in for the spare ticket, as well!! I, too, am craving more after the Astoria show...! Many thanks.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 9:36 AM Quote
smashingtoast wrote:
Please count me in for the spare ticket, as well!! I, too, am craving more after the Astoria show...! Many thanks.

Congratulations smashingtoast! Your name has been drawn from the hat!

I've sent you a PM with more information.

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:08 PM Quote
Hey guys have a fab time at the gig! I would love another trip to London but I can't be too greedy and hop over the Channel twice in a month, hehe :-)

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 7:18 AM Quote
I'm going to this gig tonight!

I'll review it later in the week when I get back from London.

ps - TWT, this gig still isn't in the Archive.

Pages [1] All Times UTC Current Time 9:30 AM