Travis

Re: Norweegies
happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:32 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
happy_me wrote:

that's because you have a potato in your throat hehe

In my throat??? I'd prefer to have it my mouth and not choke to death lol

Anyhow, you Norwegians have a way of bouncing the intonation up and down, and that doesn't suit us Danes cos we don't really have any intonation.

He he, it's what we used to say when we were younger, that Danish was like norwegian, only you had to pronounce it like you had a potato in your throat, oh and that you have silly words like kartoffel and a funny way of pronouncing 70 and 80. I like Denmark tho, used to spend my childhood summers there.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:35 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
[quote="Hanne"]
He he, it's what we used to say when we were younger, that Danish was like norwegian, only you had to pronounce it like you had a potato in your throat, oh and that you have silly words like kartoffel and a funny way of pronouncing 70 and 80. I like Denmark tho, used to spend my childhood summers there.

I've only been to Norway twice but I liked it :o)

And yes, Norwegian and Swedish numbers are somewhat more logic. I was once explained the logic of the Danish numbers but really, I only find it easier cos it's the way I'm used to saying it...

elodie
elodie Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:36 PM Quote
Is it very cold in Norway at this time of the year? Because I go in holidays in your country on the next week!!!!!

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:40 PM Quote
elodie wrote:
Is it very cold in Norway at this time of the year? Because I go in holidays in your country on the next week!!!!!

it's raining, but i wouldn't say cold hehe. hopefully the weather will be better next week. it ususally is between 20 and 30 degrees celcius here during the summer. depends on where in norway you're going really....

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:42 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

And yes, Norwegian and Swedish numbers are somewhat more logic. I was once explained the logic of the Danish numbers but really, I only find it easier cos it's the way I'm used to saying it...

it's not that difficult, you use a 20 number system, while we use a 10 number system

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
OK serious , you guys get aurora borealis ?

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:35 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

Above the polar circle, yes :)
Sometimes during the winther you can see it as far south as Oslo (maybe even further south?). I was so lucky to see it this winter, amazing!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:36 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

Sometimes during the winther you can see it as far south as Oslo (maybe even further south?). I was so lucky to see it this winter, amazing!

Ok, i now MUST come see that. It's my screensaver! (not the same, obviously)

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:40 PM Quote

This is the same light as I saw (it's not my picture tho, it's form a paper)
http://gfx.dagbladet.no/pub/artikkel/4/48/486/486121/Nordlys_Oslo1858_1166150512.jpg

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:41 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

groovy maZn http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/Hendrikx-gfx/Vikinghelmet.png

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:41 PM Quote
WOW

where are polar bears ? are they sleeping at home ?

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:44 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
Hanne wrote:

it's not that difficult, you use a 20 number system, while we use a 10 number system

I know it's got something to do with that but it does take a while to connect 'halvfjerds' and 'firs' to twenty. Then again, I'm hopeless with math!

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:52 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

I know it's got something to do with that but it does take a while to connect 'halvfjerds' and 'firs' to twenty. Then again, I'm hopeless with math!

halvfjerds is 70 right? so its (4 x 20)-10

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 10:01 PM Quote
Norway thread is falling behind the Irish and Danes ,

Bump

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 10:03 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
Hanne wrote:

halvfjerds is 70 right? so its (4 x 20)-10

This is embarassing. You're Norwegian and understand the Danish number system better than me. But yeah, you're 100% right!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:24 PM